General Election 2011 - Castletown

Declan

I have to confess to remembering the days of the 370 disco that Tony 'Hovis' Brown ran. I'm told they were good. Can anyone tell me who his parents were, is he from Castletown? His Tynwald CV online doesn't give an awful lot away. It's nice to have a bit of skeet so that I can see who's the chaps parents are. You never know - I might have been at school with them!!!

All you need to know is that 'Hovis' has had his bread well and truly buttered, jam and all, for the last five years at least, and now he wants to start on the cake and pastries. Please don't vote him in again down there, we've all had enough.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the candidates announced so far are as good as it is going to get in Castletown, Brown will have no trouble at all retaining his seat, should he wish to.

If he gets the presidency, or retire, Castletown has got to hope for someone else to stand to prevent any of these goons getting in.

Brown has had the misfortune of being Chief Minister during a challenging period, and hasn't handle it well, but few can complain about his work as a constituency MHK for the Castletown.

but few can complain about his work as a constituency MHK for the Castletown

Apart from any shopkeeper competing with a Callow's Yard store...

really? I thought they had all fared quite well, while Callow's Yard had struggled to find a niche and hadn't enjoyed any success. Which businesses in Castletown have closed down as a result of Callows Yard?

Which businesses in Castletown have closed down as a result of Callows Yard?

There was that shop that sold batteries...

Still does, Brown sold it and it re-opened as almost the same business. Still there, still in business just no Mr and Mrs Brown.

Still waiting to hear which Castletown business folded as a result of Callows Yard.

You've clearly not gossiped for hours about the News Agent saga.

Also I also think some of the sitting tenants of the properties bought up didn't particularly enjoy the transition to a new landlord - says Chinahand in his usual understatement.

• 2 weeks later...

Over lunch today events from an MLC went : Their words not mine !

Mugabe Brown did not stand for president as he knew he would get little if any support and it would damage his chances of re election as an MHK.

Bell will be new CM !

shocking just how little respect these people command even amongst their own ! for what its worth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of anyone from the "crawling out of the woodwork" theory now Tony Brown has announced?

Even at this late stage, I truly, truly hope a decent candidate emerges. We only have 24 seats in Keys and we know some of the old donkeys will get back in. This is one of the very few opportunities to put a decent person in the Keys, and none of the announced candidates measure up.

Fifth Candidate:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=54279

Have met Mr Moorhouse a couple of times at parent evenings as he taught my son Economics. Nice guy, intelligent, young and enthusiastic.

I hope the fact that he lives in Onchan doesn't go against him. I understand his reasoning as he is probably better known in Castletown from dealing with parents, and some his former pupils will be voting for the first time.

Has a good chance I think when compared to the other candidates.

Now wannabes from fucking Onchan are buzzing round Castletown like so many flies round a steaming turd. Wonder when that woman from the LVP will add Castletown to the ever-growing list of constituencies which have rejected her? Surely if she adds other areas to Douglas South one of them might let her join the club.

The sitting member stands down and suddenly every would-be gravy train rider and self-important pompous windbag who can't make a good enough living in the real world suddenly gets a dose of social conscience and selflessly puts themselves forward for (well-paid) public service.

Couple of simple questions.

If you care about the town so much, why weren't you candidates last time?

If you care so much, why didn't you come forward for the commisioners when the bollock-brain builder chucked his toys out of the pram? There had to be a second round of nominations and a threat to leave the vacant seat empty because none of you 'Oh, but I so care for Castletown' wankers actually wanted to do anything unless you got a fuck-off big salary, bonus cash for towing the council of ministers line and massive fucking pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It's because none of you give a flying fuck about the town, you just see a chance to get into the golden pension club.

Utter, utter shower of shite and yet one of these witless fuckers is going to get their nose firmly in the trough.

Archived