General Election 2011 - Malew & Santon

Declan

None of the above.

Meaning that I don't feel that any off the standing members should be CM. (That will be one bad mark on me now if I get in)

None of them have leadership's quality's that could steer us out of the mess, because if they did then we would have seen that by now.

But who knows out of Tony browns shadows there may be somebody that can spring to life and step up to the challenge,

but on past performance none of them at this time.

Does that count as evasive, It is not meant to be evasive , but that is my honest opinion of the people who can be elected of the CM role.

Before you publish your manifesto, please learn the correct usage of the apostrophe.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the above.

Meaning that I don't feel that any off the standing members should be CM. (That will be one bad mark on me now if I get in)

None of them have leadership's quality's that could steer us out of the mess, because if they did then we would have seen that by now.

But who knows out of Tony browns shadows there may be somebody that can spring to life and step up to the challenge,

Does that count as evasive, It is not meant to be evasive , but that is my honest opinion of the people who can be elected of the CM role.

That is not evasive. That is a complete 'cop-out.'

Are you suggesting that someone who has no experience whatsoever of serving in Tynwald should go straight into the CM's role?

Sorry, I think you've fallen at the first fence.

None of the above.

Before you publish your manifesto, please learn the correct usage of the apostrophe.

I started counting the spelling and punctuation errors but lost count and gave up.

That is not evasive. That is a complete 'cop-out.'

Are you suggesting that someone who has no experience whatsoever of serving in Tynwald should go straight into the CM's role?

Sorry, I think you've fallen at the first fence.

Are you actually saying that you think the current members are fit to do that job on their past performances, do you honestly think they have it in them to manage and lead by example.

Will it be just like the last CM ?

They may well step up to the plate and shine, and I hope they do, because this is what the island needs. Somebody to lead, someone to put their foot down when they see something wrong, and someone willing to hold their hands up and say "he was wrong"

Tell me why do you think it would be such a terrible thing if someone was elected that had never sat a term in government before hand.

Yes there are a few that if got in might not make the best as a CM from the off.

But there are one or two that could jump straight in and make a better job.

Firstly, name "one or two that could jump straight in and make a better job." (Please note that Superman, Batman etc are probably not available)

Secondly, name anyone who, going straight into Tynwald, would get the necessary support for the CM's job (remembering that, realistically, there are unlikely to be more than 4 or 5 new members at the most)

Thirdly, name anyone who, going straight into Tynwald, would be welcomed as CM by the general public.

Fourthly, please learn how to spell and punctuate reasonably well if only for the sake of clarity.

Fifthly, I do not - even for a moment - believe that you are the same G Kelly who is standing for election in Malew & Santon. I'd like to say 'nice try' but, in reality, it was a poor effort. :(

I'm not actually sure there is an election coming up. Certainly no evidence in Ballasalla where I live. Not a whisper from any of the new canditates. I did hear Graeme Cregeen on the radio once so I know he exists, but I'm not sure what he's ever actually done.

Anyone else hear J. Hanson on the radio today? What a prat; Mr Cregeen will be sleeping comfortably tonight.

I did indeed and you are being far too kind to him - he's an UTTER prat! He came across as the worst sort of cliche merchant - full of received wisdom and cliches from the UK and from other politicians and bereft of any personal, original thought. This whole general election is bedevilled by cliche merchants like him but he is by far the worst so far. Only P Karran runs him close but at least we can blame his associates for that !

I'm not actually sure there is an election coming up. Certainly no evidence in Ballasalla where I live. Not a whisper from any of the new canditates. I did hear Graeme Cregeen on the radio once so I know he exists, but I'm not sure what he's ever actually done.

I can tell you that : shake hands- kiss babies- tell voters what they want to hear-vote in the opposite way in Tynwald (with CM) simples !!!

Anyone else hear J. Hanson on the radio today? What a prat; Mr Cregeen will be sleeping comfortably tonight.

I did indeed and you are being far too kind to him - he's an UTTER prat! He came across as the worst sort of cliche merchant - full of received wisdom and cliches from the UK and from other politicians and bereft of any personal, original thought. This whole general election is bedevilled by cliche merchants like him but he is by far the worst so far. Only P Karran runs him close but at least we can blame his associates for that !

I couldn't agree more !.

I have not heard all the candidates so far, but what I have heard is quite unbelievable. God only knows what anyone from across the pond makes of this lot.We must be a laughing stock. This series of 5 min. interviews on Manx Radio has been an eye opener.Steady Eddy sounded OK, Pat Ayres was appalling, so was the guy with the double barrelled name and gob full of plums.

Bill Malarkey started quite well, then seemed to lose it by being on some power trip ( shame, cause I quite like Bill). Paul H said nothing at all and the chap today who owns the "All Seasons" on Broadway,(can't even remember his name), again said nothing new.

It seems quite a few of the new hopefulls have vested interests and no new ideas or just no ideas full stop. In fact they make our current MHK's look quite good.

I think, once again, that I will be voting for our long serving pair in Douglas North.

The simple truth is that in a population of 80k odd people, the chances of getting 24 decent politicians all at the same time is pretty slim. So the further coincidence of those decent ones happening to be evenly spread around the constituencies is even more unlikely. We have far too many constituencies and far to many policitians, the vast majority of whom are clearly not up to the job. Radical reform is what's needed. And by that I mean a policial cull. 9 MHKs & 5 MLCs should do for an island this size (I'm being generous). That'd save everyone a few quid, and reduce the number of nonsense projects, in-fighting, self-promoting and general faffery. Make them concentrate on national government, and leave local issues to local authorities.

Viva la revolucion.

I couldn't agree more !.

I have not heard all the candidates so far, but what I have heard is quite unbelievable. God only knows what anyone from across the pond makes of this lot.We must be a laughing stock. This series of 5 min. interviews on Manx Radio has been an eye opener.Steady Eddy sounded OK, Pat Ayres was appalling, so was the guy with the double barrelled name and gob full of plums.

Bill Malarkey started quite well, then seemed to lose it by being on some power trip ( shame, cause I quite like Bill). Paul H said nothing at all and the chap today who owns the "All Seasons" on Broadway,(can't even remember his name), again said nothing new.

It seems quite a few of the new hopefulls have vested interests and no new ideas or just no ideas full stop. In fact they make our current MHK's look quite good.

I think, once again, that I will be voting for our long serving pair in Douglas North.

Please forgive me...I am shamed by my leniency to J. Hanson...I pride myself on acid-tinged criticism of these jokers when they deserved it and I almost missed the target this time. Pontius, I defer to you, and your effective and accurate assessment. Hanson is certainly an utter prat wading in cliche. He's also a vacuous, dissembling, ill-informed, inarticulate goon. There, that's better.

Archived