General Election 2011 - Malew & Santon

Declan

Anyone else hear J. Hanson on the radio today? What a prat; Mr Cregeen will be sleeping comfortably tonight.

I did indeed and you are being far too kind to him - he's an UTTER prat! He came across as the worst sort of cliche merchant - full of received wisdom and cliches from the UK and from other politicians and bereft of any personal, original thought. This whole general election is bedevilled by cliche merchants like him but he is by far the worst so far. Only P Karran runs him close but at least we can blame his associates for that !

I couldn't agree more !.

I have not heard all the candidates so far, but what I have heard is quite unbelievable. God only knows what anyone from across the pond makes of this lot.We must be a laughing stock. This series of 5 min. interviews on Manx Radio has been an eye opener.Steady Eddy sounded OK, Pat Ayres was appalling, so was the guy with the double barrelled name and gob full of plums.

Bill Malarkey started quite well, then seemed to lose it by being on some power trip ( shame, cause I quite like Bill). Paul H said nothing at all and the chap today who owns the "All Seasons" on Broadway,(can't even remember his name), again said nothing new.

It seems quite a few of the new hopefulls have vested interests and no new ideas or just no ideas full stop. In fact they make our current MHK's look quite good.

I think, once again, that I will be voting for our long serving pair in Douglas North.

Please forgive me...I am shamed by my leniency to J. Hanson...I pride myself on acid-tinged criticism of these jokers when they deserved it and I almost missed the target this time. Pontius, I defer to you, and your effective and accurate assessment. Hanson is certainly an utter prat wading in cliche. He's also a vacuous, dissembling, ill-informed, inarticulate goon. There, that's better.

A perfect fit for Tynwald then !!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson on Manx Radio now and I think Uhtred's assessment is a little understated. That dummy in the corner at the Baines auction the other day talked more sense. If this doesn't get any better it'll have to be the bottle of whiskey and loaded revolver in the drawing room I'm afraid....

I heard it also,he sounded a mong.

MacMannin, although I would not, perhaps, have chosen the same terminology as you, I did indeed genuinely believe that Mr Hanson suffers from what these days appear to be called "learning difficulties". Alternatively, he's simply very fucking stupid.

Incidentally, where is Graham Kelly? I have seen and heard more of Zorro and Lord Lucan than this alleged candidate for M&S. I'm very pleased not to live there; it is, in the face of very stiff competition, definitely the spiritual home of this election's uncanny ability to proffer quite appallingly dreadful candidates.

General,

The sad thing is that not only is the sitting member for Malew and Santon naive and almost illiterate, but the current alternative candidates have little better to offer.

At least Andrew Douglas had some commercial and general experience as opposed to being just a postman, and the quality of the candidates is now not fit to deal with the huge problems that the IOM has to face.

No candidate from any constituency has yet come up with sensible or realistic suggestions as to how we are going to face this new financial environment.

I also still await seeing any candidate calling on me or willing to discuss the very real problems which now confront us.

The outlook for the IOM and Malew and Santon is bleak indeed.

Maybe we could just scrap the constituency due to lack of suitable candidates (inc sitting MHK)?

Voters turning up on election day could be compensated with £50 worth of M & S vouchers. I envisage this would only cost the taxpayer about £5k based on forecast turnout.

Maybe we could just scrap the constituency due to lack of suitable candidates (inc sitting MHK)?

Voters turning up on election day could be compensated with £50 worth of M & S vouchers. I envisage this would only cost the taxpayer about £5k based on forecast turnout.

I live in Ballasalla. It's laughable really. I'd love to vote for change, but what real options have I got? Dumb, Dumber and Dumfuckingbelievable....

I imagine the turnout will be pretty low down here. Which might explain why none of the candidates seem to be doing any canvassing whatsoever.

I live in Ballasalla. It's laughable really. I'd love to vote for change, but what real options have I got? Dumb, Dumber and Dumfuckingbelievable....

I imagine the turnout will be pretty low down here. Which might explain why none of the candidates seem to be doing any canvassing whatsoever.

At present, those of you in M&S are effectively disenfranchised in this election - your candidates are worthless. As you say, you have no options whatsoever, unless you choose not to vote and try to send a message when the turnout is 6%...but you'll still have Cregeen elected, earning more than he could ever have dreamed of as a postman and delivering (deliberate pun...sorry) less than nothing to you, your fellow voters, and the Island asd a whole. You have my sympathies, you really do. Frankly, the same situation appears to be the case in Castletown. What is it about the south?

Ah, Sweet Home Ballasalla, where the skies are so blue.... Must be the Southern thang coz I reckon a hillbilly with a banjo could get in down there

Do you mean a different hillbilly...?

Did anyone else hear Gareth Kelly on the radio yesterday?Not a bad effort really though he is being a bit of a sneaky bugger.Very non commital on various things like the buses and he is still being secretive about who he works for.Come on Gazza,you work for Dandara,no reason to be ashamed.

Did anyone else hear Gareth Kelly on the radio yesterday?Not a bad effort really though he is being a bit of a sneaky bugger.Very non commital on various things like the buses and he is still being secretive about who he works for.Come on Gazza,you work for Dandara,no reason to be ashamed.

Manx Radio's website is this morning reporting that there are now more candidates for the election than for many recent elections going back at least 25 years. What a pity that 98% of those candidates wouldn't even get a part as an extra in the new Planet of the Apes movie. M&S being the prize example.

Archived