General Election 2011 - Ramsey

Declan

Bell & Craine clearly supporting local businesses, surprised that Singer chose not to do so.

John McDonough also got his stuff printed in Ramsey, I received mine through the door about a month ago!

some of Anne Craines posters were printed in Douglas I saw them being delivered in Ramsey

by a Douglas printing company.

After listening to Manx radio broadcast from Ramsey it was obvious that Bell / Craine arguments had little foundation

as there was panic in their replies when put under pressure.

The big scary posters of Anne Craine I've seen around Ramsey all have'printed by Ramsey Press'. If not printed there, isn't that at best misleading, at worst a lie?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would urge the voters of Ramsey to think wisely before casting your vote tomorrow. This is by far the key constituency where the current power, influence and control in Tynwald really lies. If you are happy with and want five more years of the same then vote the incumbents Bell and Craine straight back in. They've both been out reassuring the wealthy residents of Ramsey that there'll be no tax rises for them in the next government, and that their money's safe while Annie and Al are in charge; while scaring the ordinary folk with tales of what might happen if they don't re-elect them. They're going to take some shifting, and if they both get back in then I worry for the future of the majority of the people of this Island.

I would urge the voters of Ramsey to think wisely before casting your vote tomorrow. This is by far the key constituency where the current power, influence and control in Tynwald really lies. If you are happy with and want five more years of the same then vote the incumbents Bell and Craine straight back in. They've both been out reassuring the wealthy residents of Ramsey that there'll be no tax rises for them in the next government, and that their money's safe while Annie and Al are in charge; while scaring the ordinary folk with tales of what might happen if they don't re-elect them. They're going to take some shifting, and if they both get back in then I worry for the future of the majority of the people of this Island.

The problem is that the people of Ramsey will vote for a good ol Ramsey lad

& Anne as a northern gal rather than look at their achievements or lack of them as the case might be

it won't be on their merit

As stated in another post

Anne wants to bring in people from China and in her words "their dependents"

to bring business here ???????

So, who do you suggest? The other options aren't that great, or have I missed something?

Craine is trying to sell herself on being a full time MHK. I stupidly thought that they all would be full time so it isn't a question I've asked.

Linda Bowers-Kasch called yesterday and, as I told her, if she wasn't Liberal Vannin I'd be seriously thinking about voting for her. She's only been a member for 6 weeks, so all a bit odd really.

It's a tough one this time round.

Craines posters are all clearly labelled printed in Ramsey - investigation proves that to be a true statement - I suspect the encapsulating for the larger posters may have been done in Douglas which is fair enough you can't get it done in Ramsey.

As for who to vote for my 16 year old made a good point, which of the candidates has a chance of getting an influential post in a new Government, the 3 new entrants have no chance, Singer is a spent force and when he was in Government actually didn't deliver anything for the town (except prescriptions).

Like it or not the only chance Ramsey has to get any tangible benefit from its new Members if is Bell and Craine are re-elected, when the cake is small you have to be careful to make sure your going to get a slice.

Craines posters are all clearly labelled printed in Ramsey - investigation proves that to be a true statement - I suspect the encapsulating for the larger posters may have been done in Douglas which is fair enough you can't get it done in Ramsey.

As for who to vote for my 16 year old made a good point, which of the candidates has a chance of getting an influential post in a new Government, the 3 new entrants have no chance, Singer is a spent force and when he was in Government actually didn't deliver anything for the town (except prescriptions).

Like it or not the only chance Ramsey has to get any tangible benefit from its new Members if is Bell and Craine are re-elected, when the cake is small you have to be careful to make sure your going to get a slice.

Would Ramsey get any tangible benefit from Bell and Craine? Yes they would both get senior ministerial positions, but what would they do with them? On past performance they will only make things worse for the IOM and consequently worse for Ramsey. Things need to change, Bell and Craine only offer more of the same.

You're suggesting that Bell and Craine have done anything much for Ramsey? After all, both have been treasury ministers, but I don't see much sign of Ramsey blossoming as a result!

Sorry, but they both spent forces who really need replacing and, since neither of them even live in Ramsey, I don't think they'd be missed.

I think Monkey boy above summed it up - I'm from Ramsey and had no clue who to vote for, so I went for one that was not currently in 'power' - Couldn't be any worse right? :P

None of the candidates really sold it for me this year, even if I do wish the newbies the best of luck for having the guts to stand. Current predictions from myself is unfortunately Bell and Craine.

Bell & Craine clearly supporting local businesses, surprised that Singer chose not to do so.

John McDonough also got his stuff printed in Ramsey, I received mine through the door about a month ago!

some of Anne Craines posters were printed in Douglas I saw them being delivered in Ramsey

by a Douglas printing company.

After listening to Manx radio broadcast from Ramsey it was obvious that Bell / Craine arguments had little foundation

as there was panic in their replies when put under pressure.

The big scary posters of Anne Craine I've seen around Ramsey all have'printed by Ramsey Press'. If not printed there, isn't that at best misleading, at worst a lie?

The very large posters of both Bell & Craine

The copy shop

douglas

Archived