General Election 2011 - Ramsey

Declan

I see the Lib Van's are putting up the fragrant Linda Bowers Kasch. Here's an interview with her from last year -

http://www.isleofman.com/lifestyle/news.aspx?article=30789

Wonder what Peter Karran's signature scent is.

It is, of course, bullshit.

No I think it is hypocricy. "For the man who critisizes others for leaving a party and not seeking reelection when they themselves have left and joined parties and not stood down"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't vote liberal vannin, and anyone who gets sucked into the party with its present leadership and structure is dubious IMO.

She doesn't give the impression of someone who has been involved in strategic leadership in her employment - just one of many VP's used by the banks to engender the customer service.

I can't see Mrs Bowers-Kasch being a serious contender this time out, but if she gets herself involved in the community she could be a future runner and certainly a better option than the other 2 non-sitting contenders.

To claim a two bit in house company reward scheme as a meaning of success is as laughable as is the in house reward scheme itself.

Not a chance of getting in period - parish walk on.lol

However an odds book of herself and J Mc would be interesting.

Regards

I agree, she did come across well.

I just hope that being LibV does not stiffle he own ideas & thoughts.

John, maybe you are trying to say that you left Liberal Vannin because you believed your ideas and thoughts were being stifled?

So when you gained your freedon by shaking off those perceived shackles, what independence of idea and thought have you since displayed? Or perhaps you (and your ex Lib Van pals on Douglas Council too) have become lap poodles of David Christian the self proclaimed 'Leader' of Douglas Council.

I have just heard Linda Bowers-Kasch on the Stuart Peter show. She came across as savvy, articulate, with a good business sense and handled the political questions well. Frankly, in just one programme, she's wiped the floor with the other two candidates.

I have just heard Linda Bowers-Kasch on the Stuart Peter show. She came across as savvy, articulate, with a good business sense and handled the political questions well. Frankly, in just one programme, she's wiped the floor with the other two candidates.

I have known her for years. She is very clever, a good business brain, and common sense (two things IOM need for the next 5 year stint). I don't live in Ramsey. I am just curious as to what people are saying about her. Whether or not she gets in, I don't know. However, I would vote for her over most of the other candidates I have heard on Stu's show.

Those two being Alan Bell, Anne Craine, Leonard Singer, John McDonough & Lawrie Hooper. Would you like a new job at the Treasury? :D

I agree, she did come across well.

I just hope that being LibV does not stiffle he own ideas & thoughts.

John, maybe you are trying to say that you left Liberal Vannin because you believed your ideas and thoughts were being stifled?

So when you gained your freedon by shaking off those perceived shackles, what independence of idea and thought have you since displayed? Or perhaps you (and your ex Lib Van pals on Douglas Council too) have become lap poodles of David Christian the self proclaimed 'Leader' of Douglas Council.

TBH Theo, I am getting sick of going over old ground here.

As a Douglas Councillor, I have kept my head down, as I have just been learning, I am not the most confident public speaker, although I have said what i wanted when needed.

I have questioned where i felt the need be, but no i have not been involved in major projects because the logistics is carried out by officers with scrutiney from Council.

You seem to believe David runs DC, well he is the appointed leader, no one else chose to stand.

He makes 2 chairman decisions, but then again that is well within his delegated authority.

If you dont like how he does it, why not stand yourself??

Archived