General Election 2011 - Ramsey

Declan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fifth candidate for Ramsey Candidate has just popped up on the Liberal Vannin website:

Linda Bowers-Kasch

A quick search reveals the following:

Linked-in profile

Aurora Lifestyle & Design

This election is becoming a lot more interesting!

1. There seems to have been a huge and very odd change of career direction that doesn't appear to have any real explanation.

2. Can we really see such a candidate remaining loyal to a party led by Peter Karran?

1. There seems to have been a huge and very odd change of career direction that doesn't appear to have any real explanation.

2. Can we really see such a candidate remaining loyal to a party led by Peter Karran?

Dunno mate - but with five candidates this could be a close call for the two Ministers and in my opinion that's a very good thing. I hope she's got some fresh ideas.

Dunno mate - but with five candidates this could be a close call for the two Ministers and in my opinion that's a very good thing. I hope she's got some fresh ideas.

Having held a senior position at Barclays if she is articulate and good at marshalling facts and arguments she could make it very uncomfortable for Bell and Craine if she follows up on some of the matters that PK has raised in Tynwald such as the Film industry etc. She just needs to remember to keep focusing on arears that they get rattled on.

I just hope that she is better than the current LVP candidate Stu Peters had just had on talking heads. Fine if LVP had a policy, if they did not and he was asked for his opinion he did not seem to have any!

just hope that this CV isn't exagerated, with all those senior positions I'd have expected to see some professional qualifications

I think it may be wrong to question if it is exagerated as I am sure she had those rolls. It is just that Vice President of Barclays probably the impression of a more senior position that it really is. To quote wiki "In large brokerage firms and investment banks, there are usually several Vice Presidents in each local branch office, the title being more of a marketing approach for customers, than denoting an actual managerial position within the company"

She basically seems to be a compliance officer/manager which I appreciate that she may have done at a reasonably senior level but it is not exactly at the coal face in terms of decision making.

Dunno mate - but with five candidates this could be a close call for the two Ministers and in my opinion that's a very good thing.

I'd like to think so as well. However, I can't help but wonder if the LibVans haven't just guaranteed both Allan Bell and Annie Craine another five years each.

I wonder where this new candidate has come from. Has she been a member of LibVan for very long ? Perhaps someone could come on and tell me because I've never heard of her. I hope that she's come through the party and proper selection, and has not just been handed a rosette at the last minute. I'll reserve further comment until we know more about the candidate.

Good grief! Lib Vans executive commitee are gong to feel sevrely under IQ'd with the likes of her on board!

They'll have to invent some new titles for the current executive to compete with her CV.

Chief Executive in charge of biscuit selection??????

Wish you well Lib Van.

As to the longevity of these candidates beyond the election, not much chance. If they have the inteligence to get elected, they would not put up with the petty politics of the backroom for long.

Even if Lib Van were to get 5 candidates in, they would be quickly sidelined by the establishment.

Archived