General Election 2011 - Ramsey

Declan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok

1. Some decentralisation of gov departments around the Island - it is not that big a hardship to travel at the very most 30+ miles to get a document or to work or similar. Good idea - Glad we agree unfortunate that the persons whom require a vote do not.

2. Still not too late too turn Jurby into a class A1 racing circuit with a proper skid pan and driving school etc. (Okay not Ramsey but there could well be a feed off). Should at least be costed - Yes and no it should be costed - for me it is a no brainer for others let it be costed.

3. A lock gate system as Douglas and Peel have, some are fooled into thinking it is a Marina - but in my opinion there can only be one Marina and will and should be in Port St Mary. See No2 - You say see nos two - it is a no brainer the port is not tidal at least the outer harbour is not - costing comes into effect for a tidal lockgate system.

4. Do something proper with the pier - yes it is an eyesore - but it has so much potential - stop the gov arseing about pretending - there is massive potential with the pier. Pull it down - unless a private developer can be persuaded to do something with it. The yanks would go mad for it if they knew a past royal was involved OR connected - it is a sleeping giant - and the walk up to Alberts Tower through the wee Glen can also be expolited - the Yanks love this kind of involvement. All one needs is some good person to sell it - and sell it will if done the right way.

5. Ban drinking in public before and after hours - period. (That goes Island wide for me anyway). What hours? The licensing hours were abandoned years ago. Yes the hours were given as you like BUT one had to have a notice to say what ones hours were/very are? I would to be honest unable to comment on Doolish but up here in the North there are very few open legally after 2am (at the weekend and I think that maybe the royal or now shitelife) the other licensed premises as far as I am aware are a closed shop after 12pm - hence my my reference to public places after hours or before -

6. A massive upgrade of the shop fronts in the main street and squares - incentives to make them look smarter (I don’t know but something has to be done - for fecks sake people get prosecuted for having untidy private properties) - they look horrendous. That should be done by the Commissioners - with incentives based on rates. Ok fairplay - pity our lot decided to spend the guts of 40k on making a property allegedly safe - (the old Peveril Pub)

7. Bin the safe houses for the Islands druggies and send them down where they belong. You'll get Spook (and a few others) to agree. 'Druggies' need help - its the dealers who ought to be 'sent down.' - Soz but you are wrong it is demand not supply. It looks like the dealers are the wrong uns and they are to a certain extent they are need a market and the market is demand.

8. Keep the Cottage Hospital open and let it be properly functional for all not just those whom live in the North of the Island - it should and can be a superb facility for all Islanders. Yes Glad we agree on this also - pity the the potential members up here do not think so.

9. Stop closing the Mountain road at any first available excuse - road maintenance - they are having a laugh and seriously taking the piss. There are alternative routes, and they don't take that much longer. You do have a point to an extent but I would offer in countenance that I have very rarely seen the Castletown/Douglas road closed - the one that leads to the Airport. I have seen both the mountain road and the coast road and the Michael road closed at the tip of a hat - and all at the same time - would love to see that done with Doolish and the Airport.

10. Promote the Albert Tower (stop filling the fecker with aerials). Promote it as what? Its quite pretty, but its only there to commemorate a fleeting visit by a member of the British royal family. As I said earlier the Yanks would go mad for this to be able to walk in the footsteps of a former royal and walk up the Glen to survey the surrounding land/countryside - they would be mad for it so to speak.

11. Promote the Pier (pull it down period or spend what has so far been spent (on deciding) toward making it a potential money maker. See No4 I wil not refer you to a nos but say - As I said earlier the Yanks would go mad for this to be able to walk in the footsteps of a former royal and walk up the Glen to survey the surrounding land/countryside - they would be mad for it so to speak.

12. Promote the biggest river on the Island. Explanation? Promote as what? - As a beautiful river that fly fisherman could fish (I am unsure if it is naturally stocked or not - it is a wonderful walk - it has fantistic wildlife - it is a natural beauty and it is yours and others to enjoy and promote

13. Promote the Harbour (a proper working one and the second largest -I believe). As above. There was a saltworks in the harbour the harbour had a shipyard - all these wee past histories could be laid out in a museum/cafe tied in with pier and the royal visit.

14. Promote Rhumsa the town as it should be and not the town you have made it.

Fulltide :(

FFS will you all stop slagging off your Island it is wee and each town and village should be just as important as the area within the Island you live in. It is your Island so big it up not just percentages of it.

Fulltide

Ok

1. Some decentralisation of gov departments around the Island - it is not that big a hardship to travel at the very most 30+ miles to get a document or to work or similar. Good idea - Glad we agree unfortunate that the persons whom require a vote do not.

2. Still not too late too turn Jurby into a class A1 racing circuit with a proper skid pan and driving school etc. (Okay not Ramsey but there could well be a feed off). Should at least be costed - Yes and no it should be costed - for me it is a no brainer for others let it be costed.

3. A lock gate system as Douglas and Peel have, some are fooled into thinking it is a Marina - but in my opinion there can only be one Marina and will and should be in Port St Mary. See No2 - You say see nos two - it is a no brainer the port is not tidal at least the outer harbour is not - costing comes into effect for a tidal lockgate system.

4. Do something proper with the pier - yes it is an eyesore - but it has so much potential - stop the gov arseing about pretending - there is massive potential with the pier. Pull it down - unless a private developer can be persuaded to do something with it. The yanks would go mad for it if they knew a past royal was involved OR connected - it is a sleeping giant - and the walk up to Alberts Tower through the wee Glen can also be expolited - the Yanks love this kind of involvement. All one needs is some good person to sell it - and sell it will if done the right way.

5. Ban drinking in public before and after hours - period. (That goes Island wide for me anyway). What hours? The licensing hours were abandoned years ago. Yes the hours were given as you like BUT one had to have a notice to say what ones hours were/very are? I would to be honest unable to comment on Doolish but up here in the North there are very few open legally after 2am (at the weekend and I think that maybe the royal or now shitelife) the other licensed premises as far as I am aware are a closed shop after 12pm - hence my my reference to public places after hours or before -

6. A massive upgrade of the shop fronts in the main street and squares - incentives to make them look smarter (I don’t know but something has to be done - for fecks sake people get prosecuted for having untidy private properties) - they look horrendous. That should be done by the Commissioners - with incentives based on rates. Ok fairplay - pity our lot decided to spend the guts of 40k on making a property allegedly safe - (the old Peveril Pub)

7. Bin the safe houses for the Islands druggies and send them down where they belong. You'll get Spook (and a few others) to agree. 'Druggies' need help - its the dealers who ought to be 'sent down.' - Soz but you are wrong it is demand not supply. It looks like the dealers are the wrong uns and they are to a certain extent they are need a market and the market is demand.

8. Keep the Cottage Hospital open and let it be properly functional for all not just those whom live in the North of the Island - it should and can be a superb facility for all Islanders. Yes Glad we agree on this also - pity the the potential members up here do not think so.

9. Stop closing the Mountain road at any first available excuse - road maintenance - they are having a laugh and seriously taking the piss. There are alternative routes, and they don't take that much longer. You do have a point to an extent but I would offer in countenance that I have very rarely seen the Castletown/Douglas road closed - the one that leads to the Airport. I have seen both the mountain road and the coast road and the Michael road closed at the tip of a hat - and all at the same time - would love to see that done with Doolish and the Airport.

10. Promote the Albert Tower (stop filling the fecker with aerials). Promote it as what? Its quite pretty, but its only there to commemorate a fleeting visit by a member of the British royal family. As I said earlier the Yanks would go mad for this to be able to walk in the footsteps of a former royal and walk up the Glen to survey the surrounding land/countryside - they would be mad for it so to speak.

11. Promote the Pier (pull it down period or spend what has so far been spent (on deciding) toward making it a potential money maker. See No4 I wil not refer you to a nos but say - As I said earlier the Yanks would go mad for this to be able to walk in the footsteps of a former royal and walk up the Glen to survey the surrounding land/countryside - they would be mad for it so to speak.

12. Promote the biggest river on the Island. Explanation? Promote as what? - As a beautiful river that fly fisherman could fish (I am unsure if it is naturally stocked or not - it is a wonderful walk - it has fantistic wildlife - it is a natural beauty and it is yours and others to enjoy and promote

13. Promote the Harbour (a proper working one and the second largest -I believe). As above. There was a saltworks in the harbour the harbour had a shipyard - all these wee past histories could be laid out in a museum/cafe tied in with pier and the royal visit.

14. Promote Rhumsa the town as it should be and not the town you have made it.

Fulltide :(

FFS will you all stop slagging off your Island it is wee and each town and village should be just as important as the area within the Island you live in. It is your Island so big it up not just percentages of it.

Fulltide

Apologies cant get a handle on this font colour - I asked for bold black type and ended up with a large amount of bright green and some strange yellow - apologies

Fulltide

On Manx Radio right now, the Candidates public meeting from Ramsey.

Singer sounding good. Craine and Bell doing a good job defending the existing administration.

Craine telling us that, after electing our MHKs, we should trust them to elect the most appropriate person to be Chief Minister. :blink:

The reply to that should be two words - 'Tony Brown.'

Comment - fucking numpties, none of them worth a vote.

Those posters who are Ramsey residents. Has anyone considered asking Mary Bruce to stand?

She has the experience from her commissioners work, and the tenacity required to fight her corner.

I think Mary would scare the crap out of Alan. She also has the common sense brought about by rolling with the punches in harder times, and would be quite capable of kicking Annies arse into a reality check.

Those posters who are Ramsey residents. Has anyone considered asking Mary Bruce to stand?

She has the experience from her commissioners work, and the tenacity required to fight her corner.

I think Mary would scare the crap out of Alan. She also has the common sense brought about by rolling with the punches in harder times, and would be quite capable of kicking Annies arse into a reality check.

you are joking? she is one of the ones responsible for giving commissioners houses to people that have their own businesses in the town

and holiday homes abroad

I don't want Bell or Craine to get back in but MB is not MHK material.

you are joking? she is one of the ones responsible for giving commissioners houses to people that have their own businesses in the town

and holiday homes abroad

Fergie, I think that you'll find that in every constituency there will be tenants living in commissioners housing with their own businesses and holiday homes, it doesn't only happen in Ramsey.

Also I think you need to get your facts straight before posting on a public forum.

For numerous years Mary Bruce has fought the housing policy for commissioners housing to be changed. She has said publicly many times in the local papers and on the radio, infact her last radio interview was only last week.

She wants to bring into force that public sector housing should be used by those it was intended for, people on lower incomes.

That they should not be tenanted by those who inherit houses and sell them on or by tenants who run long established businesses and own holiday homes. She has stated many times that these properties should be freed up for those who are struggling to pay rent on private rental properties, those on lower incomes and those who are trying to save to get on the property ladder.

Unfortunately it needs Government to make these changes.

As I'm sure you're aware, "all Commissioners have to follow Government policy". There hands are tied so to speak.

It looks like Al has been accused of electioneering again by giving £14million to the cash strapped MEA,to save us getting stung with another rise,it seems strange,not long ago,April I think,when the standing charge was discontinued,putting peoples bills up,now it's giving lump sums to stop further rises,how do we know that the rises were needed,gas prices wholesale vary,so how can they say that electricity prices will rise up to 2013?.

How can he say they won't? If we are presented with a 20% rise in 2012 will he give more money to MEA to cover it, and again in 2013 another 20%? 15% now, 20% in 2012, 20% in 2013.

55% rise all at once when he is comfortably back in place and guaranteed his non contributary then off to his Dandara flat in Jersey or his place in Canary Wharf with no comeback? No worries here though, his brother doesn't speak to him and he owns no property here since his last health scare. Win Win for AB. Isn't it interesting that the Minister for Economic Development refuses to invert in his own country by owning property and paying rates to Bride Commissioners? He has taken at least £1 million pounds in wages since he was elected, where has it all gone, not invested in films that's for sure or property, the driver of the economy after all.

Archived