Steve Jobs Is Dead

HeliX

Very sad to see him die so young. Wonder how much of his money will go to charity?

Agreed. With regards to the charity, it'd be interesting - SJ cut all of Apple's philanthropic activities when he got back into Apple, and didn't do much publically personally either. That's not to say he didn't go for the altruistic approach of donating anonymously, and one would think this was more likely after his diagnosis. It's interesting that most people think a likeable, rich entrepreneur is also charitably generous.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, i'm new to this website and this'll be my first post here..

I just wanted to add my message on this matter.

Steve Jobs for me represented possibilities with no boundaries.

When i was in College i was the only girl on my course, it was a 3 year music technology course and pretty much everyone who knew me told me i wouldn't be able to get through it because of the work load.

I don't agree with some of the questionable decisions Apple has made in the past, but what i do know is i wouldn't have gotten through College if it wasn't for my iBook.

For me Steve Jobs inspired me to keep going through all of my hours of pain and hard work trying to prove to all of the guys in the studio that technology shouldn't be bound by gender. That, coupled with my ibook and software of choice i could be just as good as them if not better.

I took the news very hard and can only imagine the pain his family are going through right now.

Even if you're not that big of an Apple fan, anyone who's into tech in the slightest will be able to appreciate this is a blow to the industry.

A true visionary and he will be greatly missed

Oh and as a side note, hello everyone my name is Laura :)

what i do know is i wouldn't have gotten through College if it wasn't for my iBook.

For me Steve Jobs inspired me to keep going through all of my hours of pain and hard work trying to prove to all of the guys in the studio that technology shouldn't be bound by gender.

Really?

Hello btw.

what i do know is i wouldn't have gotten through College if it wasn't for my iBook.

For me Steve Jobs inspired me to keep going through all of my hours of pain and hard work trying to prove to all of the guys in the studio that technology shouldn't be bound by gender.

Really?

Hello btw.

Really. The College PC's were buggy as hell and running copied versions of Cubase SX.

My ibook had registered copies of Reason and Cubase, amongst other programs but only to name a few.

It was faster and in general just so much more reliable, and since i could take it away with me at the end of a College day, i had more time to work on my music at home, which the guys couldn't do since they'd saved all their work on the College PC systems.

And hey :)

Apple fanboys are annoyng as hell but I think there could be something strangely sexy about a fangirl.

haha "like"

A few years ago Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash were still living.

We had jobs, we had hope, we had cash.

Now we have nothing.

I have a new joke for you that you may not have heard:-

Knock knock,

who's there?

doctor.

doctor who!

oh how i laughed........

A true visionary and he will be greatly missed

Yes, for only he could visualise that your college would be running hooky versions of Cubase and wouldn't have the resources to cope with an unbelievably huge number of similarly bland, but high resolution, cheesy and lengthy audio loops. Each one more grating than the last. Of course, any old laptop would have sufficed. But you weren't to know that. With you being a girl and that. What a pretty face.

Actually Cubase isn't solely for presets.

Far from it really, and i'm not even an avid user of it, i prefer not to if i have a choice but in College i didn't until during year 2 i was set loose on the protools rig.

With Cubase you've got full advantage of being able to record audio into the sequencer, as well as being able to plug and play any Instruments or USB equipment like synths and record in realtime or steptime, as well as program the VST's built into the program.

I actually only used to use Cubase for the rewire function between it and Reason.. so that i had full use of both programs and could include my own audio recordings as well as the MIDI.. because Reason, being one of the most noteable virtual studio software didn't have this function.

You need computers with enough memory and a fast enough HDD to be able to run the programs in rewire without worrying too much about Latency.

But, you already knew all of this, what with being cocky and all thumbsup.gif

I'm not gonna argue with you though, my personal choice was to use my iBook for my work, and i wouldn't have done it any other way because it allowed me to get so much more done compared to the guys, who were limited.

Would it be fair to say that had you had a similarly specced windows based laptop with registered versions of Reason and Cubase, you would have had the same advantages over the other students?

Seems to me that the advantage you had was the fact you could take a decent machine home and was nothing specific to the iBook.

The iBook was my machine of choice and i don't go for windows machines regardless of the specs.

Too buggy for me with regards to Cubase specifically.

Each to their own but the iBook isn't the only apple computer i own, it was just that one that i had more of an emotional connection towards.

Well I must admit, if it wasn't for Steve Jobs I might not be here today. I could have starved to death. I really fancied a pizza after a menu was pushed through my door. Dominos I think it was, and the photo of molten cheese oozing from the stuffed crust had me all a slavering I can tell you. Anyway, stuck as I was in the olden days and that I had to resort to legging it down to the row of telephone kiosks over the road from chez moi but, BOLLOCKS! All vandalised, disaster! It was touch and go there for a while, and I had to think on my feet, so I went and bought an iPhone and by using the advanced features it has was soon chatting away to some spotty yoof to secure a pizza delivery asap. Hey Steve, I'll never forget you man, if it wasn't for you I might not be etc, etc...........

The iBook was my machine of choice and i don't go for windows machines regardless of the specs.

Too buggy for me with regards to Cubase specifically.

Each to their own but the iBook isn't the only apple computer i own, it was just that one that i had more of an emotional connection towards.

I'm curious as to what bugs you found with the PC version of Cubase that weren't a result of the particular setup you were trying to run it on at the college.

Its pretty lame when a person can't even have an opinion or try to post a message of respect toward someone without being grilled or mocked. I have nothing further to add.

Archived