Juan Says Sorry

gidderwook

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting behaviour from an MHK. How can a man with such poor judgement be trusted? The worst thing to me is that just because he publicly apologised, people seem to think it is acceptable.

Jeez, most people use their sock puppets to have a little fun and maybe do some lighthearted trolling.

It is funny, and not crime of the century, but he should have exercised more self control, especially on the day he has warned others about the same thing. Saying sorry is easy, not getting into trouble is harder - and that's why MHKs/ministers get so well paid, for having 'better' judgement than the rest of us.

He benefits from being relatively popular, so we will forgive him a lapse. I wonder how forgiving we would be on this forum if this happened to an unpopular MHK, even if they immediately apologised?

Incidentally, it appears he was forced into an apology after the matter came to the media's attention. Would he have apologised otherwise, or quietly pretend it had never happened?

Quite simple now....anyone who is found to be drunk to the same state as our esteemed Mr Watterson over the Christmas period just needs to say sorry, pay for any damage done and that will avoid court action for being drunk and incapable or drunk and disorderly along with the costs and a fine. If this had been anyone else the cops would have been informed no doubt about it. There was a CCTV camera on the bus so he could still be prosecuted by the DCCL however it now looks as if that will not happen so all those pish heads who puke on the night owl bus service needn't worry you won't get nailed as long as you say sorry and promise to pay the invoice for damage.

Quite simple now....anyone who is found to be drunk to the same state as our esteemed Mr Watterson over the Christmas period just needs to say sorry, pay for any damage done and that will avoid court action for being drunk and incapable or drunk and disorderly along with the costs and a fine. If this had been anyone else the cops would have been informed no doubt about it. There was a CCTV camera on the bus so he could still be prosecuted by the DCCL however it now looks as if that will not happen so all those pish heads who puke on the night owl bus service needn't worry you won't get nailed as long as you say sorry and promise to pay the invoice for damage.

You're right, it sets that precedent, as well as fundamentally undermining his own department's efforts to prevent this type of behaviour. I pity the poor police officers who deal with vomiting drunks over the next few days who have to put up with 'well, your boss did it too' comments.

Many of us have done this, and it may seem no major issue, but not all of us are paid, handsomely, to head the department which is tasked with minimising drinking-related problems. He is and, apparently, hasn't taken that role very seriously.

If he was a backbench MHK it may be considered foolish, but he accepted a ministerial post, took on law and order, stood in front of the press and lectured us about not overdoing it on booze. Then, on the same day, got so pissed he vomited on a bus. The same day.

If he doesn't want to be held to a higher standard, he shouldn't have accepted a ministry and should not have stood for election.

I could be wrong here CBman but I haven't seen or read anything which says he was disorderly or incapable. All types of public transport have a "soiling charge" and it only ever becomes an issue if there's a refusal to pay it. I'd be careful about ascertaining the facts before throwing allegations around, if I were you.

He probably just had a bad kebab :D

For the record, I don't like the guy, but that doesn't mean you can invent things about him.

Archived