Juan Says Sorry

gidderwook

I've never been able to understand Juan's popularity with the voters, just don't get it.

I think this incident is very, very funny though, especially after his little speech last week, he must be feeling like a right tit.

No harm done though, I don't think he should be sacked or demoted or anything like that.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but laugh and although he'll have egg on his face, possibly carrots, onions and whatever, he's probably done more to raise the don't drink and drive campaign more than anything else at the moment.

I'm sure that he'll regret this and think twice about having a drink next time and I'm sure he'll get some flak and well deserved too, but I wish him well and for him to be more careful next time.

Not exactly leading by example though, is it?

If you voluntarily put yourself in the public eye and in a position of authority then you need to practice what you preach. If you don't then like Mr Watterson you are reduced to the pathetic and arrogant "Don't do what I do. Do what I say...." so-called "leadership" style which no-one is going to take seriously.

If you voluntarily put yourself in the public eye and in a position of authority then you need to practice what you preach. If you don't then like Mr Watterson you are reduced to the pathetic and arrogant "Don't do what I do. Do what I say...." so-called "leadership" style which no-one is going to take seriously.

Ah well, it looks like Quintin Gill is the next best candidate then

Does anyone take an MHK telling them not to drink too much seriously anyway? He may be in a position of authority but he has no authority to tell us whether to get pissed or not.

I understand your point but it remains to be seen whether his leadership will be undermined as a result, I for one don't think it will.

I'm sure we've all had the Christmas party that got a bit out of hand and on waking had that OMG what did I do moment - thankfully my past misdemeaners have not appeared online or on the radio. Yes he works in the public eye, but he's a politician not a role model! Surely only children have role models - as an adult I don't try and copy other peoples ideas or behaviour.

People who are saying he should resign are being very over the top. Who hasn't got a bit pissed at a Christmas party? This would be a totally different thing if he'd driven. He got the bus, made a tit out of himself, has had to apologise very publicly. Think that should be the end of it. He should have to buy the buns at CoMin for a few weeks as penance.

I am not saying I haven't done similar or actually if I am honest a lot worse when I was younger but I was not preaching to the public about self control with regard drinking at the time as a minister of the House of Keys, That is a big difference.

This "good old boy" mentality toward this is quite shocking.

To err is human. And that's pretty much that.

As long as he's not in the habit of repeatedly doing things unbecoming of a minister then who really are any of us to criticise?

It's all very well and good suggesting that in 'that' position, at 'that' moment, after 'that' speech etc he should have been more careful, but that's the whole thing about doing something a bit foolish isn't it.

You don't really get to choose per se, otherwise things like that would simply never happen, and no-one would ever do anything they regretted.

So on that basis if he does his job well, and is by and large a decent chap, which I suspect he is, then so what. I have more important things to worry about than expecting someone to forfeit a position where they might actually useful to us all on account of a bit of a faux pas that hasn't harmed anyone.

There's a hype factor too I'm sure - people are using phrases like being sick "all over a bus" - really? I hadn't heard that he'd launched gallon upon gallon of the stuff to spray the entire interior of the thing, perhaps covering a few blind orphans in the process? For all I know it might have been a burp that was badly handled and resulted in a tiny little bit of sick emerging - who knows, but the point being whilst neither is especially clever, I doubt it's quite the debauched, heinous and demonic act it's being made out to be necessarily.

We all make mistakes and we don't get to pick and choose when, or else they just wouldn't happen. Easy to 'forget' when it's not you that's in the limelight though.

The facts not fiction of this are that JW arrived in Pt St Mary in one piece without the puke. The driver couldn't wake him to get off, that to me says incapable perhaps not disorderly..whether it is coverred by the public order act we would have to ask Juan's best mate John Houghton. So the driver being a decent chap decided to drive back to Douglas when on the way back JW took a turn for the worse and started to vomit. The bus arrived back at Lord Street where JW was assisted of the bus and sat at the bus shelter still not very well and still being sick. He tried to then get the night owl bus but was not allowed on and instead was pointed in the direction of the taxi rank. He's still only a young lad but should have known better. Still I bet he didn't look as bad as Cretney did on Saturday night bouncing around the Villa stage like a kangaroo on speed. At one point and I quote he shouted.." don't ever say your MHK doesn't work hard for a living" as he continued to bounce around looking at one point like he was having a fit. They don't even behave like this in North Korea and they have had some right mental cases in charge there. About time Allan through the lunatics out of the assylum for a few months so they can reflect.

Quite amused by all the 'good for you Juan' type comments. He's only a young fella? He's in his early 30's not a teenager and holds a highly responsible job as Minister for Home Affairs in our Govt.

But old enough to dictate law and order policy then.

I wonder how he's behaved on his many official trips away at our expense..?

Wow it worries me just how pathetic some people really are, Is Juan not allowed to go out for a drink?, perhaps next time he fancies getting a bit merry he'll have to jet half way around the world, just so he doesn't attract the wrong attention from the media?

Had he been caught drink driving that would've been disgraceful, had he got a lift home from a mate we'd all be none the wiser, but the fact he got a bus.......now thats disgraceful, why not spend £60 on a taxi, because that would've set a better example surely?.....

Archived