Juan Says Sorry

gidderwook

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way Censorship, how's the situation over in North Korea ?

Well, everything seems stable at the moment and it appears there will be a seemles transfer of power, without much internal political upheaval. Obviously, there are fears the new leader may wish to show his muscles with a display of strength, which has put the south and Japan on alert, but the controlled rhetoric of the west may mean he is not forced into that option, and a nice military march may suffice.

It is also possible a new leader could open up new dialogue, although this seems unlikely.

However, he may forget he has an important government role to play, get pissed at a government party and vomit all over a bus.

By the way Censorship, how's the situation over in North Korea ?

Well, everything seems stable at the moment and it appears there will be a seemles transfer of power, without much internal political upheaval. Obviously, there are fears the new leader may wish to show his muscles with a display of strength, which has put the south and Japan on alert, but the controlled rhetoric of the west may mean he is not forced into that option, and a nice military march may suffice.

It is also possible a new leader could open up new dialogue, although this seems unlikely.

However, he may forget he has an important government role to play, get pissed at a government party and vomit all over a bus.

That was a mighty come-back. I like your stripe sir ! Seriously though, you have a good point on this but it would be unjust if a young, decent and popular MHK, having apologised openly and with humility for his foolishness, were to fall on his sword, so soon into this new administration. Heaven knows if we could write it we all know of far worse things that have never seen the light of day, and probably never will.

Personally, I was more concerned by Juan's sanctimonious warning -

"Most of us will be out celebrating this Christmas, but it's important not to overdo things and end up in trouble as a result."

than I am by the bus incident. It's not the Government's job to nag. And I hope that Juan's lesson is something a bit like pride coming before a fall.

People who are saying he should resign are being very over the top. Who hasn't got a bit pissed at a Christmas party? This would be a totally different thing if he'd driven. He got the bus, made a tit out of himself, has had to apologise very publicly. Think that should be the end of it. He should have to buy the buns at CoMin for a few weeks as penance.

Minister wants responsible attitude towards alcohol this Christmas

http://www.energyfm....ory_184044.html

Oh dear!

This should not affect his position as an MHK but unfortunatly I think he should stand down as a Minister. If he had been say Treasury minister or the DHSS Minister it would be different but in my view you can not stand up one day warning about X and then the following day do X especially if X falls within your remit.

Quite.

jesus wept some of you are going OTT

Not really, given his public admonishment to everyone the same day!

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a government minister to behave to a higher standard than Joe Public, nor for the same minister to follow his own advice, which he has delivered to his employers just hours earlier.

Indeed! They put themselves forward as leaders!

Archived