Tips For Fatties?

Tango

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must admit I used to frequent the Nautilus when it was based in Onchan stadium (not since though)

Hey, me too!

Used to play squash and work out on alternate nights. Used to work a muscle group to a pulp each night. I've seen it when I couldn't pick up a glass of water afterwards or step over a barbell on the floor. It made the manual job I was doing in those days very easy though. Sitting on my backside eating my way through a bag of M&S Milk Chocolate Eclairs isn't doing my weight much good at the moment, damn checkout temptations!

Well done you Tango, 4 stone's awesome.

Personally I've taken to walking whenever I can. You see things, you get fresh air, you meet people etc. Great.

Of course one other very good way to burn calories has not yet been mentioned!

I'm doing high fibre/protein right now and my poo is huge, frequent and pongy.

12.59PM. Timing? Perfect. yuck_125.gif

I think I've just lost a couple of pounds too! LOL

Personally I've taken to walking whenever I can. You see things, you get fresh air, you meet people etc. Great.

I'm liking to walk a lot more now I've got me ipod.

Of course one other very good way to burn calories has not yet been mentioned!

I keep asking the wifes twin sisters to help me out here, but they keep knocking me back. It's like they don't want me to lose weight!

Eating less may not be a solution. At some point you're going to start eating more. And then your body will store the fat even more as it's in starvation mode.

Maybe looking at what you're eating might help. When hungry, make a sandwich using high water content vegetables (eg tomato). Using olive oil rather than butter or hydrogenated oils is better for you. Defnitately get more fibre, and bulky low energy foods. Think I heard somewhere that if you eat cucumber it actually burns more calories than you gain.

Must admit I used to frequent the Nautilus when it was based in Onchan stadium (not since though)

Hey, me too!

Used to play squash and work out on alternate nights. Used to work a muscle group to a pulp each night. I've seen it when I couldn't pick up a glass of water afterwards or step over a barbell on the floor. It made the manual job I was doing in those days very easy though. Sitting on my backside eating my way through a bag of M&S Milk Chocolate Eclairs isn't doing my weight much good at the moment, damn checkout temptations!

I am on the lookout for a cheapish gym and aiming for maybe 2-3 sessions per week so if you want a totally unfit/fat training partner you know where I am old git ;)

Tango, I saw ad advert the other night for this.

Might be worth a try.

*Note, you have to pay £2.99 per week for a personalised plan but that's a small price to pay if you achieve your goal I guess.

I'm thinking of giving it a go myself, nothing ventured and all that.

Tango, Do what I did. Take a long walk, mine was Peel Castle to Castle Rushen, I did it in 8.5 hrs, then I trained, the next year I took an 1.5 hrs off that time. By the way Peel to Castletown is 26.5 miles.

Mind you I have put the weight back on since.

Well done on the weight loss BTW

Think I heard somewhere that if you eat cucumber it actually burns more calories than you gain.

Myth - it's usually celery that's claimed for though.

I am on the lookout for a cheapish gym and aiming for maybe 2-3 sessions per week so if you want a totally unfit/fat training partner you know where I am old git ;)

Nick, me and the Mrs go down the NSC gym a couple of times a week, or rather we were but haven't been for nearly a couple of months. It'd be a good excuse to get my fat arz back down there if you fancy coming along as well, you'd just have to do the induction thing first mate.

Give me a shout/pm if you want to.

I started going to weighxxxxchers last week with her indoors. Embarassing and I begrudge paying a fiver a week to know exactly what I do about food but the shame factor of going back and not having lost any weight is what will do it for me. Lost 3.5lbs in my first week and I still ate quite badly.

Went away last Thursday and friday, drank huge amounts on the boat, sat in a car for 36 hours eating motorway food, a MASSIVE curry in Madchester and more beer on the boat home. I was bang on 19 stone last monday morning, weighed myself yesterday expecting the very worse. But no, 18 stone 6 lbs? :blink:

Maybe I have a tapeworm? :o

Archived