Mots ?

doc.fixit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potential nice little earner for the Govt's monopoly Testing Station.

Say, £40 per test per annum for 45,000 -odd vehicles, that's oooooh, how much?

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if UK Govt are exerting pressure on this one, after all, all those untested, uninspected Manx reg vehicles periodically running around on the UK roads.....

I don't think it's a bad idea really. I'd quite like my car to be checked to make sure it's not going to fall apart (which is a possibility.) It would also be nice to know if it was good enough to slug up and down the motorway across.

Might make it easier for people buying cars too, if it had recently passed an MOT you'd know it was in vaguely decent shape.

the garages would love it, they charge for stuff they haven't done and do things that don't need doing already. when the government make it compulsory to get your motor looked at the fairy stories will soon start.

Annual checks would be over the top, but I support the idea in principle to ensure minimum standards on tyres, brakes, lights, wipers etc. Let's hope we don't go down the route of being paranoid about emission levels.

I don't think it's a bad idea really. I'd quite like my car to be checked to make sure it's not going to fall apart (which is a possibility.) It would also be nice to know if it was good enough to slug up and down the motorway across.

Might make it easier for people buying cars too, if it had recently passed an MOT you'd know it was in vaguely decent shape.

I want to know this. That's why my car gets serviced once a year or so. And when I want to take it across I take it to the garage for a once over.

I want to know this. That's why my car gets serviced once a year or so. And when I want to take it across I take it to the garage for a once over.

And this is what I would do. If I knew bugger all about cars and bikes. As it happens, I'm perfectly capable of looking after my own vehicles, so I don't need Cretney parting me with yet more cash to do stuff that is wholly unnecessary.

Archived