New Corpy Houses On New Cassletown Road

Snowflake

Who on earth designed them?

Disco Sven?

How much is it going to cost to maintain all that timber?

Why did they not try and blend them in with the surrounding houses?

Ideas for their road name - Sauna Street, Abba Avenue and Alpine Way for starters.

What do you think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disco Sven?

Ideas for their road name - Sauna Street, Abba Avenue and Alpine Way for starters.

What do you think?

I think they are first time buyer houses,not Corpy

Disco Sven?

What do you think?

I assume you mean Castletown Road? Castletown, because it is a town with a castle, not a town with a cassle.

(ETA: Come on, people, make some efforts with your posts.....)

They are first time buyers and I heard a couple of weeks ago the Government have only managed to shift six of them. This explains why the developers were so keen to get the Government to underwrite the development!

Apparently there is ample interest but very few are able to get the required lending. I have heard (from a less reliable source) the lending predicament is due to IoM Bank and Lloyds, the only two lenders that consider taking the FTB’s grant and/or top-up loan as a deposit, now insisting the buyer has some savings and/or no finance. Hopefully someone can confirm this but the reality is most applicants awarded a FTB property will not secure lending, certainly not at short-notice.

Unfortunately, I have seen first hand a lot of existing FTB properties are lying empty due to previous occupants moving out and a lack of replacements.

I assume you mean Castletown Road? Castletown, because it is a town with a castle, not a town with a cassle.

easy mistake, according to Marc Tiley on Manx Radio it is a Carsal and Sulby is Sowby.

easy mistake, according to Marc Tiley on Manx Radio it is a Carsal and Sulby is Sowby.

'easy', only if you have absolutely no knowledge at all of the IOM, and even then, common sense would dictate it was more likely to be Castletown than Cassletown. I find it quite staggering that someone posting on MF really doesn't know that there is a town with that name on the Island....(I can forgive 'Carsal' because it's only someone trying to pronounce castle in a posh way but Cassle is just silly!)

Why do we always have to blend in? When did the blending in start and why didn't they blend in then? Also why would you want to blend in with the eyesore that is Anagh Coar?

These are being built by Haven Homes and the first blocks are sold, they are just waiting for the sewer work to be completed and the new owners should be taking possession around early July. That's from the builders and not some man in the pub.

Archived