Victoria Grill & Diner

Rhumsaa

I popped in there before the fireworks last night and it was suprisingly delicious. Thought it'd be another dodgy takeaway but its not at all. It was lovely and clean (always important), the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was yum. I ordered a hot chicken pitta and it was hot enought to tingle but not hot enought to blow your head off. The choices were the same as Nandos, being lemon and herb, hot or very hot. Will definitely go back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went there yesterday for lunch - we had chicken breast in a wrap and chicken breast in pitta. Both were cooked to order and arrived lovely and hot with steaming hot fries.

Agree with Gekko, place was spotless, the staff friendly and the service was good. The food was much better than I had expected from the outside and we shall definitely be going back to try more. The lamb sounded particulary good.

Suggested to the owner(?) they change the name to Manndos. This would get them more publicity, although if the opposition across found out they would probably object!

• 1 month later...

The kid had Piri Piri, or Peri Peri*** as it is now known, Chicken and declared it to be the best he had tasted.

The owner was very attentive and I do hope that they succeed in their venture.

A quick lunchtime option I would hope.

*** A nandos reinterpretaton???

Veggy options available.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I get stuck into these fairly regularly. Always go for extra hot and the rice is superb. The burger wrap is pretty special as well.

Never been in. Just presumed it was a greasy takeaway staffed by similarly greasy Turkish blokes who sit scratching their arses whilst watching a tiny TV in the corner. No?

No. It's a nando's clone basically just more takeaway than sit in.The Menu:http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-periperichickenvictoriagrill-im1/menu

Looks alright. I might try that. Would never have popped in there in a million years without reading it on here.

Looks alright. I might try that. Would never have popped in there in a million years without reading it on here.

I know, I got taken in by a mate and definitely wouldn't have gone in otherwise. It's got a silly name, bad presentation, crap location and yet the food is superb and rescues it. I'm guessing he's surviving on word of mouth, but it does show how important good branding is. It definitely should have been called 'Manndoes' smile.png

Likewise, I was taken there my a mate after pub closing time and I expected it to be some shit greasy kebab joint or a bad KFC clone. Was nothing of the kind and if I remember right, I went back there the next day to pick up lunch just to make sure it wasn't drink skewed opinion. In fact, reading this thread has made me think about grabbing lunch from there today as an Easter treat.

Archived