Neighbours Who Smoke!

mad_manx

Only since I gave up smoking do I realise how strong tobacco smell can be and how far it can travel. Like Gladys said, though, it's a bit odd if you can smell your neighbours smoke.

I bet you have to deal with strong smells in Manilla Amadeus :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On MF, there's no smoke without fire a lot of miserable moaning bastards.

I heard Tarintino was planning a movie based on your online moaning Albert ermm.gif

"Kill Bell part 7"

It's a future project of course. Because he has to wait for the laser keyboard to be invented biggrin.png

That's strange because his attitude to other people's foibles was usually live and let live.

On balance I'd say I would still rather live in the next flat to a smoker than the next country to Hitler.

seeing as Hitler blew his brains out in a Berlin bunker (Rauchen verboten) living in a country next to him is no longer an option. However his spirit seems to be alive n kicking and often pops up on .....Manx Forums!!! Anyway on subject of smoking, even as a non puffer, I do miss the smell of ciggies in the pub where of course it once masked stanky flatus. Passive smoking risks don't concern me at all cuz I don't believe there are any. As a wit once remarked "smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"w00t.gif

A mate at work told me about problems with neighbours in the flat next to him who smoke all the time.The smoke is so bad that its even entering his flat.

He asked them to be careful while smoking but they told him off saying that they can do what they want inside their flat!!!

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding smokingin flats? I know that smoking in not permitted in enclosed public places but what's the rule in flats ?

Three things to tell your "mate at work" to do!

1 - Inform the landlord that there is an issue with smoke percolation into your mates flat!

2 - Ask Evironmental Health to visit your mates flat and get their opinion.

3 - Tell him that if all the above fails that he may be better off looking for another flat.

Just as a matter of interest is the flat a new purposely constructed flat or an old converted property?

Last Ten

People who smoke are worse than Hitler.

At what, exactly? I'm worse than at Hitler at carrying off a moustache, for example.

What a strange thing to say.

Worse at etiquette.

That's nonsense. All that shouting and stomping and playing Wagner at all hours, I'd sooner live next door to a smoker.

Hitler didn't smoke. In fact after german doctors first identified the link between smoking and lung cancer he initiated the first Govt. anti-smoking campaign in modern history banning ciggie smoking on the buses, trams, tanks, Stukas, bunkers & other public places.

Hitler was also a vegetarian. Yet he still managed to get the hump about something or other.

He was right in to his speed, surprised he didn't smoke.

Amazing what Herr Doktor Morell managed to spike Adolf with. Makes intetesting reading. A daily 'vitamin' injection of meth-amphetamine. Cocaine eye-drops, strychnine for 'gas'. Probably instigated 'Barbarossa' on a come down.

He had a few neighbours who 'smoked' after he came to power. Poland for instance....

So was Churchill, he went through the whole war on speed and brandy. At least speed freaks make quick decisions - can't see David Cameron getting away with the same.

So was Churchill, he went through the whole war on speed and brandy. At least speed freaks make quick decisions - can't see David Cameron getting away with the same.

Its only recently we have gtt to see footage as to how drunk Churchill used to be!

Archived