Paid Apps & Android

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was account based? you could try a working gmail account in a phone that previosly didnt work?

Account, then SIM then IP if there's no SIM as far as I can tell, in that order.

I think continued use of buying stuff off a vpn or if you're off island a lot will tick your account over to be considered not an Isle of Man one.

Its too much faff. I am on the fence whether to jump ship from iphone to android but this is the sticking point. If the paid/UK apps is sorted I will probably move.

But as it is now, compared to the iphone app store its a giant pile of shit having to vpn and fag around.

If it is account and my gmail account works on my nexus 7 wifi are you saying it will work on a phone then or does it need account, sim and ip to be all good before it decides you are ok for the UK?

Thats the thing Spanna, I don't think there is any hard and fast rules to say what works normally and what has to be pissed around with. I am on WP8 but have plenty of mates on Android, some have had the problem from day one and others have never had an issue with the playstore. They seemed to think it was account related as they could sign in to different phones to make them work but going from what Slim mentioned it probably isn't the case of just putting a UK registered gmail account in.

If it is account and my gmail account works on my nexus 7 wifi are you saying it will work on a phone then or does it need account, sim and ip to be all good before it decides you are ok for the UK?

If you've full play store access on a pc browser with the account using a manx ISP, then it should work on a phone yes. Don't think there's any guarantees though.

Just checked and web google play store also lets me see paid apps and lets me buy a nexus 4 if i wanted to.

So chances are I would be ok.

Thing is on my nexus 7 it wasn't working for a long time and only started working after i got a google play gift card from across and redeemed it in the playstore. After that all the paid apps appeared.

Has anyone else tried the gift card route to fix the paid apps not showing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Buying a paid app from the play store while across seems to work for me.

I am on sure mobile with a galaxy nexus phone.

(I bought the app with a T mobile sim in my phone over WiFi while across. Cleared the play store cache and removed the battery and rebooted the phone before I did this. Still working 4 months later)

I was in the shop last week and asked the guy serving me if there was any news, he said they now had a couple of contacts in google and proggress was being made but it would still be a month or so. He also said his phone gets the full play store and it just seems to be random who does and who dosen't

Archived