Mytv.im Axed

j2bad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched nowt on either ...

Doubt I'm in the minority.

mttv are claiming one million views, I wonder how many of those were failed / abandoned attempts to load the content. They don't seem to have any advertisers as those who have tried it once don't repeat which speaks volumes.

mttv are claiming one million views, I wonder how many of those were failed / abandoned attempts to load the content. They don't seem to have any advertisers as those who have tried it once don't repeat which speaks volumes.

1 million hits is hardly anything. My cat has probably had more hits (don't tell the MSPCA) in YouTube.

Hits and views aren't the same as viewers, and there may be some confusion between hits on mt website and mttv since it seems you have to go through one to get to the other. Plus you're competing for the same ad budget as manx radio, 3fm and energy.

TVIM seems to have proved conclusively that the only people who want to watch manx politicians on tv are in fact, manx politicians

I have tried to watch it a about 6 times. Usually given up because the clip would not load at all.

When it does work the initial advert blasts my ears off which I really, really cant stand. I don't think I will use it again in future.

Hits and views aren't the same as viewers, and there may be some confusion between hits on mt website and mttv since it seems you have to go through one to get to the other.

MTTV is claiming a million UNIQUE views. There is only 90 thousand people on the IOM so apparently 900 tousand plus people are viewing from off island.

I know the difference between hits and views, however in the case of Mttv it gets even more interesting, they use google analytics to track the page views of the media viewer page, and so if they are counting the page views then that cannot be counted as 'views' of the videos just hits as that page then makes a request to load the media file which is then streamed, so if they exit the page immediately then that can't be counted as a 'view' of the video.

Of course they could verify from the server logs the number of streams that have been served, however as up until a few weeks ago MTTV was configured to stream the whole clip before it would start playing which is why most people thought it was shit and bailed out before the clip loaded. So even the number of streams can in no way be used to back up any claim for viewing figures.

Even if these claims could be verified as TJ says 1 million views over a period of two years for how many number of video clips is pathetic.

I think Paul Moulton is a nice bloke.

He left Manx Radio in a huff, started 3fm or the other one and left, Joined BBC and left, now this venture which looks a bit dicky ...... I can't see where his future may lie next, poor guy.

I think Paul Moulton is a nice bloke.

He left Manx Radio in a huff, started 3fm or the other one and left, Joined BBC and left, now this venture which looks a bit dicky ...... I can't see where his future may lie next, poor guy.

Get rid of the current management at Manx Radio and put him in charge and use the resources available to produce decent radio with video clips viewable on-line when suitable.

Archived