Mytv.im Axed

j2bad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick question - one of my friends has just email me a copy of some comments found on Facebook between a director of Manx Radio and a presenter, in which it is stated that BBC Radio 2's Jeremy vine show is more relevant to the Isle of Man than the station's own Talking Heads programme. Seems a fascinating insight into what management think of their own output. My question is, should this possibly private exchange from Facebook be reproduced here?

(Incidentally, if anyone is so inclined, you can apparently see the exchange on the Facebook page of MHK David Cretney)

quick question - one of my friends has just email me a copy of some comments found on Facebook between a director of Manx Radio and a presenter, in which it is stated that BBC Radio 2's Jeremy vine show is more relevant to the Isle of Man than the station's own Talking Heads programme. Seems a fascinating insight into what management think of their own output. My question is, should this possibly private exchange from Facebook be reproduced here?

(Incidentally, if anyone is so inclined, you can apparently see the exchange on the Facebook page of MHK David Cretney)

There are shit loads of Manx Radio threads why can't you post it on one of those.

You utterly despicable knob jockey! You've taken a bit of obvious banter between two work colleagues and tried to stir the shit. Shame on you.

You utterly despicable knob jockey! You've taken a bit of obvious banter between two work colleagues and tried to stir the shit. Shame on you.

Thats a shocking bit of homophobic abuse, I thought you were a fully reformed former racist and homophobe or is this just a bit of playful banter?

Ok, everyone, let's calm down.

It's a bit of bad language, nothing more. Someone (quite deliberately I suspect) touched a nerve with someone else.

Play nice, children.

Thats a shocking bit of homophobic abuse, I thought you were a fully reformed former racist and homophobe or is this just a bit of playful banter?

Berating someone for making a comment that implies someone is a 'knob jockey' and thinking that's homophobic - but you do a similar thing in another thread or is it just playful banter? wink.png

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55606-manx-cyclists-are-they-a-disease/?p=842619

Berating someone for making a comment that implies someone is a 'knob jockey' and thinking that's homophobic - but you do a similar thing in another thread or is it just playful banter? wink.png

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55606-manx-cyclists-are-they-a-disease/?p=842619

It is all about context and intent, that obviously was banter in a thread that was full of pretty obnoxious posts by a obnoxious twat and was an appropriate response, that I would stand by as I commented that from the posters comments he was probably sexually frustrated which he obviously is.

If however in a more serious thread I called you a 'despicable knob-jockey' then that is abusive and needlessly homophobic abuse, and if I were a public broadcaster then I should know much better.

This is a case of people desperate to be offended so that they can have a go at the poster for other reasons. "Knob Jockey" has gone FAR beyond its homosexual connotation nowadays. It's in general heterosexual use similar to being called a "silly bugger".

This is a case of people desperate to be offended so that they can have a go at the poster for other reasons. "Knob Jockey" has gone FAR beyond its homosexual connotation nowadays. It's in general heterosexual use similar to being called a "silly bugger".

Maybe to you but if you go by crowd sourcing the common description is this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=knob-jockey

Archived