Mytv.im Axed

j2bad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly time the national broadcaster cast its net a little wider by dipping its toe into online video

The heritage content which accounts for the bulk of any quality MR output, would be much better as on-line video content.

The problem is that if you take that away from the Radio output you are just left with the dregs and a playlist from Woollies bargain bin.

Is there really a market for a local TV type thing? Maybe just some youtube style video clip with a news report where possible would be enough. The whole studio + bloke in suit thing looks a bit ott.

How does local TV in the Channel Islands work?

I agree with Amadeus, the #MR website needs to developed with the addition of video content

We do like to see the look in politicians eyes when they're lying to us

Because it's stitched into the major channels and is just there in the living room. Daresay if there was a Manx Granada Reports then that would get watched too. As I've said before, mainstream media, TV and radio, works because it's easy and folk are lazy. People won't go searching it out on the internet. Not in sufficient numbers anyway.

MTTV is ok and has turfed out some good stuff. The other one was slick alright but it is 3fm based/backed so that is enough said for me.

Our National Broadcaster must go with video content eventually but there are too many fuckwits (yes, that is a technical term) up there to be able to make it any use. For example, Manx Radio screwed up big time with the TT radio archive through sheer fuckwittery, and the pre-TT stuff they put out this last couple of years for the press launch with kiddies Kinley and Glover embarrassing themselves and the Island was just toe-curling, from a so-called National Broadcaster.

MTTV needs tidying up.

Just had a good look through mytv.im, there is some good stuff there. I like it despite my prejudices. I don't think enough people were aware of its presence.

Although I am biased, I agree Rick tried to make the MYTV as professional as possible, hence the men in suits.

I have to say I did watch the reports and although I like Paul, I always found his programmes to be a little less well produced and often he does seen to be scrapping the barrel for topics.

I think Paul Moulton is a nice bloke.

He left Manx Radio in a huff, started 3fm or the other one and left, Joined BBC and left, now this venture which looks a bit dicky ...... I can't see where his future may lie next, poor guy.

I think it's Ron Berry's mytv that's closing down not Paul Moulton's mttv (Manx Telecom)

Manx Radio screwed up big time with the TT radio archive through sheer

Does anyone remember when some people pointed out this scheme would fail and asked to know how much was invested? Do you remember they were told to wait, give it a chance. Have we waited long enough yet? It failed, as expected, so are we allowed to know how much was spent, in cash or contra agreements, on employment, web hosting, site design, publicity material, etc etc etc.

Or is this expenditure of public money to remain a secret?

Ron Berry cites MYTV.im was getting 2000 views per bulletin, which to be honest is better than I would have expected, and as they used a reliable platform in Vimeo those views will be real not imagined.

For Manx Telecoms effort MTTV they have produced on average 70 clips a month for 20 months, so approx 1400 clips, to get their claimed 1 million views that puts an average view per clip at just over 700 views, that's not factoring in the inevitable vast discrepancies in their figures due to the problems with their platform making the service unviewable for most of that period.

I'm nut fussed if MT want to have a go at online media, same as 3FM, they're private companies and that's their choice of how to spunk their money up the wall.

I'd worry when any government money gets involved though, I just don't think audience numbers are enough on the island to make it viable or fundable without a loss. Perhaps some heritage stuff like someone suggested, but daily news? Nah...

I'm nut fussed if MT want to have a go at online media, same as 3FM, they're private companies and that's their choice of how to spunk their money up the wall.

Just as long as they don't try and talk up the viewing figures and make unverifiable claims in their own advertising to attract potential advertisers.

Just as long as they don't try and talk up the viewing figures and make unverifiable claims in their own advertising to attract potential advertisers.

Everyone seeme to do that. How often do you hear firms making claims about how many hits they get? Certainly need hitting.

Archived