Mytv.im Axed

j2bad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not offended by what Stu said.

I'm glad I held back on posting what I was emailed, as Stu has had the opportunity to put it into the context of a bit of banter, rather than an actual comment from a director about his opinion on Manx Radio output.

I'll respect that context and leave it alone.

Thanks for your input Stu.

This is a case of people desperate to be offended so that they can have a go at the poster for other reasons. "Knob Jockey" has gone FAR beyond its homosexual connotation nowadays. It's in general heterosexual use similar to being called a "silly bugger".

Maybe to you but if you go by crowd sourcing the common description is this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=knob-jockey

Even that tends to prove my point because even the urban definitions are wider than those pertaining strictly to homosexuality. Furthermore, they are all years old and this kind of language evolves and goes mainstream very quickly nowadays. The outraged here just wanted to have a go at Stu didn't they?

The outraged here just wanted to have a go at Stu didn't they?

I'd like to point out, again, that the insult was aimed at me, and no offence was taken. It was obviously meant as a insult uttered in anger, but I don't accept it had any homophibc sub-text or intention to it - it was no different to calling me a dickhead, tosser or twat.

quick question - one of my friends has just email me a copy of some comments found on Facebook between a director of Manx Radio and a presenter, in which it is stated that BBC Radio 2's Jeremy vine show is more relevant to the Isle of Man than the station's own Talking Heads programme. Seems a fascinating insight into what management think of their own output. My question is, should this possibly private exchange from Facebook be reproduced here?

[...]You've taken a bit of obvious banter between two work colleagues and tried to stir the shit. Shame on you.

Even people working for Manx Radio should have realised by now that Facebook doesn't really do 'private'. There's a good reason why social media are called 'social'. (And Stu really should stop trying to use what he perceives as the latest 'hip' insults in an attempt to persuade us he's 'down wiv da kidz'. It's just not him).

The attitude behind the (alleged) remarks is interesting though. If you actually look at what affects people's everyday lives on the Island, there's no doubt that what the Isle of Man Government does is much more important than what the UK Government does. And yet there is always the belief that what happens in London is automatically more important and is what should get the attention. This seems to lie behind the "obvious banter" here (often jokes have a lot of truth in them).

I'm glad I held back on posting what I was emailed, as Stu has had the opportunity to put it into the context of a bit of banter, rather than an actual comment from a director about his opinion on Manx Radio output.

I'll respect that context and leave it alone.

censorship on censorshipermm.gif

Archived