Flybe To Cut 500 Jobs

sarahc

I don't think there are any flybe people at gatwick now. I think that those in the outposts of the flybe empire are inevitably going to be hit and if, as is rumoured, 100 crew jobs are going to go, that only points to one thing. Perhaps the saving grace for the Island's flybe pilots is that most have been here since 1945 and have sufficient length of service to be offered jobs elsewhere in the empire.

It doesn't work like that anymore. Any redundancies are done by seniority in base only, i.e., Pilot X on the IOM with 25 years service will not get the job of Pilot Y with five years service in Manchester if the post being made redundant is on the IOM.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24895428

Ouch. Is there any way this can't affect the IOM?

nope, but hey would you really use this firm of losers whose share price has disintegrated,and when I went to book a flight to Glasgow a few minutes ago for next month they come up with this crackpot fare,

Isle of Man ‭(IOM)‬ to Glasgow Intl. ‭(GLA)‬

Friday 13 December 2013

Depart 15:15 Arrive 17:45

Points £ 317.36

Glasgow Intl. ‭(GLA)‬ to Isle of Man ‭(IOM)‬

Friday 20 December 2013

Depart 14:40 Arrive 17:40

Points £ 242.70

Flybe New Economy

• Advance standard seat selection
  • Standard 20kg hold bag
  • SMS booking confirmation
  • Changeable ticket (fare upgrade may apply)

Included in your Plus selection

• Fully changeable ticket (fare difference included)
  • Extra hold baggage + laptop allowance
  • Executive lounge access*
  • Fast track security*
  • Complimentary food and drink on-board
  • Double loyalty reward points

*At selected airports

Car hire
Car parking
Change Fee
Ticket Flexibility

Bags £ 127.92
Seats
Travel Insurance FREE
Email Check-in FREE
Mobile Check-in FREE
SMS Confirmation FREE
Upgrade to New Economy
Discount funded by Loganair
TOTAL Points

TOTAL£ 687.98.
this lot are going down guys,who in their right minds going to pay these prices, I could probably charter an aircraft cheaper.so its the car and me on the ferry,fuck them. their charge for a couple of small cases is more than the fare a couple of years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24895428

Ouch. Is there any way this can't affect the IOM?

nope, but hey would you really use this firm of losers whose share price has disintegrated,and when I went to book a flight to Glasgow a few minutes ago for next month they come up with this crackpot fare,

Isle of Man (IOM) to Glasgow Intl. (GLA)Friday 13 December 2013

Depart 15:15 Arrive 17:45

Points £ 317.36

Glasgow Intl. (GLA) to Isle of Man (IOM)Friday 20 December 2013Depart 14:40 Arrive 17:40

Points £ 242.70

Flybe New Economy

• Advance standard seat selection
  • Standard 20kg hold bag
  • SMS booking confirmation
  • Changeable ticket (fare upgrade may apply)

Included in your Plus selection

• Fully changeable ticket (fare difference included)
  • Extra hold baggage + laptop allowance
  • Executive lounge access*
  • Fast track security*
  • Complimentary food and drink on-board
  • Double loyalty reward points
*At selected airports

Car hire

Car parking

Change Fee

Ticket Flexibility

Bags £ 127.92

Seats

Travel Insurance FREE

Email Check-in FREE

Mobile Check-in FREE

SMS Confirmation FREE

Upgrade to New Economy

Transaction Fee FREE

Price Lock-Down

Card Charges FREE

Discount funded by Loganair

TOTAL Points

TOTAL£ 687.98.

this lot are going down guys,who in their right minds going to pay these prices, I could probably charter an aircraft cheaper.so its the car and me on the ferry,fuck them. their charge for a couple of small cases is more than the fare a couple of years ago.

Losers? Fuck them?

My god you are a fool and full of s**t

Pass that off as the standard fare to suit your anti flybe agenda whatever that maybe. Why you hate flybe I don't know, frankly after that post I don't care. I've not been on here for a very long time but when I read that I was shocked and frankly appalled at the prices flybe were charging so I went to the website to see as I was under the impression flybe were often cheaper than easyjet now.

You pass that off as a standard ticket but you have included all the extras most people don't pay for..

Extra hold allowance

Extra laptop allowance

Fully changeable ticket with fare difference already included

Executive lounge included

Fast track security

Complimentary food and drink

Double points

Car hire?

Car parking?

Nearly £700? For a standard return?! Try £370 like I just put into the website at the mid range ticket. Whatever your agenda is please leave it at home when people's jobs are risk

Regarding Twinkle's fare cost, I assume both ways are via Manchester, in which case you are paying for 4 flights, each leg with extra baggage and flexible fare - doesn't seem so unreasonable then. A fully flexible ticket, with extra baggage for 4 flights with any airline, to any destination is never going to be cheap!

Just booked a flight with flybe to Manchester end of January for £99.38 return including 20kg bag. Thought that was very reasonable! Of course some flights will be more expensive but I think that generally the price of flying is pretty good across all the airlines serving the island compared with a few years ago. Would be happy to see fares go up (within reason!) if it meant routes were more sustainable.

Comforting to know as reported by MR that Travelwatch are keeping a "watching brief" on the FlyBe situation. With a view to what?

A bit like being savaged by your favourite duvet and slippers !

Might be unkind but they come across as a collection of transport enthusiasts who want to be/think they are somehow involved.

Comforting to know as reported by MR that Travelwatch are keeping a "watching brief" on the FlyBe situation. With a view to what?

A bit like being savaged by your favourite duvet and slippers !

Might be unkind but they come across as a collection of transport enthusiasts who want to be/think they are somehow involved.

That's exactly what they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived