Manx Scenery Christmas Cards Wanted

manxmaid

Hi, I am off island, and would like to purchase some IOM xmas cards with nice snowy type scenes, maybe the Laxey Wheel? I have done a quick google, but nothing there I fancy. Would also like the christmas greeting in manx... can anyone point me in the right direction?

"Christmas greeting in Manx"

Good to see you, when are you going back?

Technically, that is a Manx greeting in English ....

I was surprised that there was not a better choice of Manx cards on the net, though.

And it's exactly what a very Manx member of this forum said to me when I met him in March this year!

I was surprised too about the poor choice of xmas cards on the net. Ta for all your replies.

There are very poor Christmas cards and New Year calendars in shops on the Island, never mind what's on the internet. Every year I am disappointed by the boring and rubbish photographs that are featured. There's usually only one or two decent ones. Every year I feel somewhat embarrassed and always add a post-it note saying that the island is actually a lot nicer and more interesting than these lame photographs might suggest.

ETA: the best calendars are usually the Manx Wildlife Trust ones. I am not sure if they do Christmas cards? Try their website: http://www.manxwt.org.uk//

Archived