The Thirsty Pigeon

Lxxx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bitters are on there?

Doom Bar and Okells. Had one of each (the Doom ran dry and I wasn't waiting) and the pint of Doom was very nice. Okells is meh at the best of times.

Overall, nice little pub. Suffers from the poor accoustic problem Bar George used to have and there's not a vast amount of seating but its definitely going to be somewhere I return to. Was very busy last night, probably a bit overfull but I was only there 4.30 to 5.30 so who knows how busy it got later.

II think Carbon Selector does a weekly spot on a Friday night, and censorship has the Saturday night alternative spot covered but I believe Sunday night is free if you want a spot?

Doom Bar

Heh, how apt.

Doom Bar and Okells. Had one of each (the Doom ran dry and I wasn't waiting) and the pint of Doom was very nice. Okells is meh at the best of times.

Overall, nice little pub. Suffers from the poor accoustic problem Bar George used to have and there's not a vast amount of seating but its definitely going to be somewhere I return to. Was very busy last night, probably a bit overfull but I was only there 4.30 to 5.30 so who knows how busy it got later.

Thats the Okells that consistenly wins Gold Awards in International Beer Competitions is it ? Total of 7 awards this year

To name just one Example, Okells Aile Voted Best European Smoked Beer In the World Beer Awards 2013

Archived