Chemtrails Over Douglas (Or Not?)

Thomas Jefferson

Wouldn't spraying stuff into the atmosphere affect 'them' as well - or do they all live in sealed environments and only come out with breathing apparatus?

What a crock of shit!

You imply some deliberate conspiracy. I never suggested any such thing. I put aeroplane pollution in the same category as petroleum pollution by cars, nuclear fallout by nuclear reactors, industrial contamination of rivers, destruction of the rainforest for logging and raising cattle, oil spills, etc. Human beings are short-sighted and corporations by their very constitution make decisions for profit before anything else. Don't tell me corporations only ever do things which are good for the planet and never do anything destructive to its long term future.

Rod, you truly are crazy!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are merely saying that aeroplanes pollute the air? A facile point which anyone would agree with, but not what the chemtrail dopes are alleging. Have a look at the opening post on this thread by Thonas Jefferson, who seems now to have abandoned the public display of his naive delusions on this forum.

Yes, I read the thread as well. The author of the opening post did not propose any conspiracy - only that the planes are releasing pollution into the air which messes with the weather and has an ecological effect, including on human beings. Perhaps the term "chemtrail" was a mistake given its use by some people, but this thread was clearly not started with any conspiracy or anything sinister in mind beyond the short-sightedness and self-destructive tendencies of human beings. The only naïve delusions here are from people claiming chemtrails don't exist even though we can see them.

You are merely saying that aeroplanes pollute the air? A facile point which anyone would agree with, but not what the chemtrail dopes are alleging. Have a look at the opening post on this thread by Thonas Jefferson, who seems now to have abandoned the public display of his naive delusions on this forum.

Yes, I read the thread as well. The author of the opening post did not propose any conspiracy - only that the planes are releasing pollution into the air which messes with the weather and has an ecological effect, including on human beings. Perhaps the term "chemtrail" was a mistake given its use by some people, but this thread was clearly not started with any conspiracy or anything sinister in mind beyond the short-sightedness and self-destructive tendencies of human beings. The only naïve delusions here are from people claiming chemtrails don't exist even though we can see them.

I'd agreed that it is possible that the term chemtrail was misused by author (TJ) this thread, but no one other than him would know exactly what they meant so it is difficult to say much more than that.

The term chemtrail is a popular term in a popular conspiracy theory. I would not disagree that planes pollute, it is obvious that any engine has an exhaust pumping out waste by-product. By that is not what those who subscribe to the conspiracy mean by chemtrail, they mean what you see is something being deliberately pumped out into the atmosphere for nefarious reasons (usually suggested to be either some kind of mind control or weather manipulation). The white lines you sometimes see from planes are not their exhaust gases though, they are their contrails and essentially just water vapour produced in the certain atmospheric conditions. Isaac, bearing all that in mind I think you are potentially using the term chemtrail erroneously and that could be confusing to some. Contrails exist, airbourne plane based pollution existis but chemtrails (in the conspiracy theorist sense) doesn't exist.

What makes you think you know so much about the author's intent?

I'd agreed that it is possible that the term chemtrail was misused by author (TJ) this thread, but no one other than him would know exactly what they meant so it is difficult to say much more than that.

No one other than him, except people who can actually read what he wrote (and what he didn't write).

The term chemtrail is a popular term in a popular conspiracy theory. I would not disagree that planes pollute, it is obvious that any engine has an exhaust pumping out waste by-product. By that is not what those who subscribe to the conspiracy mean by chemtrail, they mean what you see is something being deliberately pumped out into the atmosphere for nefarious reasons (usually suggested to be either some kind of mind control or weather manipulation). The white lines you sometimes see from planes are not their exhaust gases though, they are their contrails and essentially just water vapour produced in the certain atmospheric conditions. Isaac, bearing all that in mind I think you are potentially using the term chemtrail erroneously and that could be confusing to some. Contrails exist, airbourne plane based pollution existis but chemtrails (in the conspiracy theorist sense) doesn't exist.

Is contrails a better term? Does that allow for the presence of pollutants including chemicals?

Is contrails a better term? Does that allow for the presence of pollutants including chemicals?

Everything is a chemical but I get what you mean. Con(densation)trails are just water vapour, those white lines are not the exhaust fumes of engines. You can see contrails coming off the tips of propeller blades.

• 3 years later...
On 1/19/2014 at 12:25 PM, Thomas Jefferson said:

These lines were there for a couple of hours and what was originally a sunny day soon changed to hazy fog which lasted until the late afternoon. How many commercial planes include zig zag manouvers over Douglas Bay in their flight plan? Wake up and smell the coffee chems.

Edited to add: you'll need to click on the photo to see what I'm talking about. You can't see much from the thumbnail.

Total agree.I've just posted the following link

On 6/13/2015 at 5:26 PM, mojomonkey said:

Everything is a chemical but I get what you mean. Con(densation)trails are just water vapour, those white lines are not the exhaust fumes of engines. You can see contrails coming off the tips of propeller blades.

And occasionally from the wing tips of gliders. 

I do love a good conspiracy theory. 

Archived