Bell On Mr Says We Will Saved £30Million With Wage Freeze

EORH

The man is clearly now so devoid of ideas and leadership he's resorting to talking absolute bullshit just to bluff his way through till retirement. Some might say it was ever thus but it's now so transparent he's not even trying to cover it up anymore. If he's the best we've got we really are in the shit. Knee deep already.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't the "saving" come from the same spin dictionary as the "loss" when the fuel price duty didn't go up when they had expected to..?

A monster has been created by sending (and rightly so) so many school leavers to university when there are not enough jobs worthy of their degrees. Now they are creating over inflated requirements for job applicants to justify the expenditure on their education.

Why rightly so? Everything else 100% spot on.

Rightly so? Because the world is now a global village in which we all need to compete. The menial, labouring, low cost/wage industries have already been transferred eastward. That business opportunity has long gone.

We must concentrate on the niche markets e.g. research, development, delivery of education, the 'intelligent' markets. Sure we still need to flip a burger and empty a bin, but to compete globally we need something extra.

And for those markets to be fully exploited (and protected to stay ahead of the competition), we need educated staff.

So the majority of school leavers should be educated to higher levels than they have previously.

TBT.

Stu gave a good interview on Talking Heads yesterday, but I am just so sick of hearing Mr Bell glibly dancing his way around [what he regards as] the hard questions:

1. Why aren't they outsourcing work to third sector enterprises now?

2. Why aren't they abolishing the massively unpopular & huge waste of cash that is LegCo?

3. Why aren't they refusing to take a pay rise?

4. Why aren't they addressing the Public Sector Pension system immediately?

5. Why aren't they robustly addressing the 'Scope & Structure' issue?

If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy to see CoMin use reserves to cover current deficits & then carry on as before from 2015 then he has another think coming

>If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy...

They're not happy. He's a dead man walking. Last term for Allan with no legacy worthy of note; only real hope is some sort of gong from Her Majesty.

Only real sadness is that there isn't a sensible alternative from within the ranks. Not an easy task though...saving £200 million every year and not expecting voters to want your head on a stick when those 'savings' affect them.

Having passed Kewaige school car park last Friday afternoon, the plethora of 4x4 drivers don't seem to be suffering unduly just yet; we're a long way from 'squeaky bum' time. It's coming though, just a matter of time.

My main concern is for those that would wish to work, but can't. A generation of young talent wasted and precious little from the politicians in the name of enterprise.

The real question is just how we allowed ourselves to get into this mess in the first instance!

TBT.

We didn't actually allow anything to happen,we were deceived into believing it was sustainable.

"If it seems to good to be true, then it usually is"

We, the general public only have ourselves to blame. Collectively we've been too complacent, too trusting, too naive and far far too lazy.

Every nation gets the Government it deserves - Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821).

We can't abrogate total responsibilty to the Tynwald members for our current woes.

Besides, "please sir, it wasn't me" doesn't really help any of us.

TBT.

Doesn't the "saving" come from the same spin dictionary as the "loss" when the fuel price duty didn't go up when they had expected to..?

yep,it's not just counting the chickens from eggs that never hatched,but more like counting chickens from eggs that were never even laid.

BELLONOMICS at it's finest.

Stu gave a good interview on Talking Heads yesterday, but I am just so sick of hearing Mr Bell glibly dancing his way around [what he regards as] the hard questions:

1. Why aren't they outsourcing work to third sector enterprises now?

2. Why aren't they abolishing the massively unpopular & huge waste of cash that is LegCo?

3. Why aren't they refusing to take a pay rise?

4. Why aren't they addressing the Public Sector Pension system immediately?

5. Why aren't they robustly addressing the 'Scope & Structure' issue?

If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy to see CoMin use reserves to cover current deficits & then carry on as before from 2015 then he has another think coming

>If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy...

They're not happy. He's a dead man walking. Last term for Allan with no legacy worthy of note; only real hope is some sort of gong from Her Majesty.

Only real sadness is that there isn't a sensible alternative from within the ranks. Not an easy task though...saving £200 million every year and not expecting voters to want your head on a stick when those 'savings' affect them.

Having passed Kewaige school car park last Friday afternoon, the plethora of 4x4 drivers don't seem to be suffering unduly just yet; we're a long way from 'squeaky bum' time. It's coming though, just a matter of time.

My main concern is for those that would wish to work, but can't. A generation of young talent wasted and precious little from the politicians in the name of enterprise.

The real question is just how we allowed ourselves to get into this mess in the first instance!

TBT.

We didn't actually allow anything to happen,we were deceived into believing it was sustainable.

"If it seems to good to be true, then it usually is"

We, the general public only have ourselves to blame. Collectively we've been too complacent, too trusting, too naive and far far too lazy.

Every nation gets the Government it deserves - Joseph de Maistre (1753-1821).

We can't abrogate total responsibilty to the Tynwald members for our current woes.

Besides, "please sir, it wasn't me" doesn't really help any of us.

TBT.

I view it more as deception and fraud by certain MHK's and Civil Servants than complacency of the electorate.

yep,it's not just counting the chickens from eggs that never hatched,but more like counting chickens from eggs that were never even laid.

BELLONOMICS at it's finest.

Precisely, I'm right with you there.

It's just a case of stopping AB from doing it...or at least educating the Ramsey electorate that he is doing it then letting them deliver the coup de grace.

I can remember the Battle of Knutsford Heath when Martin Bell (no relation) defeated Hamilton (Christine?) by the narrowest of margins.

Conversely when Reg Keys stood against Tony Blair at Sedgefield the electorate went awol.

Who remembers Chris Pattons' face when he got binned...or nearer home, Adrian Earnshaw when Onchan treated him like a hot potatoe?

Paul Moulton is fabulous interviewing the likes of Pam Crowe at Lorne House. But his teeth just aren't sharp enough when he's interviewing the likes of our CM.

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/55808/lorne-house

TBT

TBT, in your post #55 reminds me of the howls of laughter when our own Stu Peters had misheard the onchan result and when interviewing Earnshaw immediately after the count Stu said 'well that was a good result'. After a silent pause Earnshaw responded with 'not for me it wasn't'.

One of the best Manx Radio balls of all time,and I still find it hilarious all these years later.

It's very difficult for the Manx electorate to get an effective message across to the likes of CoMin - they just bury their heads in the sand

or the trough ?whistling.gif

When it's full of water!

Not as economical as drowning in a bucket of their own piss,but I'll second your suggestion all the same.

Because they're worth it.

Archived