Bell On Mr Says We Will Saved £30Million With Wage Freeze

EORH

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This training and qualification has been available within Government for a number of years, although it used to be a UK company that delivered the training. Hopefully, a local company can provide the training and at least the income stays on the Island.

I don't think anybody would not want Government officials to receive appropriate training, but they then need to be made accountable and deliver results, which prove that the training has been beneficial and that they are earning their wage. This seems to be the bit that is missing in many cases.

This training and qualification has been available within Government for a number of years, although it used to be a UK company that delivered the training. Hopefully, a local company can provide the training and at least the income stays on the Island.

I don't think anybody would not want Government officials to receive appropriate training, but they then need to be made accountable and deliver results, which prove that the training has been beneficial and that they are earning their wage. This seems to be the bit that is missing in many cases.

A better alternative is hire people with the relevant experience and quals in the first instance.

Stu gave a good interview on Talking Heads yesterday, but I am just so sick of hearing Mr Bell glibly dancing his way around [what he regards as] the hard questions: 1. Why aren't they outsourcing work to third sector enterprises now? 2. Why aren't they abolishing the massively unpopular & huge waste of cash that is LegCo? 3. Why aren't they refusing to take a pay rise? 4. Why aren't they addressing the Public Sector Pension system immediately? 5. Why aren't they robustly addressing the 'Scope & Structure' issue? If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy to see CoMin use reserves to cover current deficits & then carry on as before from 2015 then he has another think coming

>If the Great Dictator thinks that the Manx public are going to be happy... They're not happy. He's a dead man walking. Last term for Allan with no legacy worthy of note; only real hope is some sort of gong from Her Majesty. Only real sadness is that there isn't a sensible alternative from within the ranks. Not an easy task though...saving £200 million every year and not expecting voters to want your head on a stick when those 'savings' affect them. Having passed Kewaige school car park last Friday afternoon, the plethora of 4x4 drivers don't seem to be suffering unduly just yet; we're a long way from 'squeaky bum' time. It's coming though, just a matter of time. My main concern is for those that would wish to work, but can't. A generation of young talent wasted and precious little from the politicians in the name of enterprise. The real question is just how we allowed ourselves to get into this mess in the first instance! TBT.
Don't forget that Bell was the main orchestrator of the unaffordable situation we have now,so if comes and bites him in the ass then their is some justice in it. We didn't actually allow anything to happen,we were deceived into believing it was sustainable.

More fool us for being deceived, or perhaps we wanted to be deceived because that suited us better.

But really, are we using the excuse that the likes of cretney and co could bamboozle us?

Could anybody (a whole nation) be that naive?

Tbt

A better alternative is hire people with the relevant experience and quals in the first instance.

I agree that some people shouldn't have got to the positions they are currently in, but my understanding is this training is for people who are aspiring to reach this level. Surely any business would be looking to train their staff to improve their performance?

Problem we have at the moment is that many senior staff are as you describe and do not have the ability to carry out their roles, but to improve the situation at least qualified staff is a step in the right direction, as long as they are held accountable unlike many today.

Agreed wholeheartedly, but the work permit/house prices/cost of living/travel effectively have that stymied from the outset.

Mrs tbt reports that junior doctors coming to further their training at nobles don't have the iom as their first choice...and it may surprise some just how far down their preferential list the iom originally featured.

Tbt.

TBT, Cretney and his ilk were likely as much in the dark as most of the general public.

Think back to how it was for the good years when nobody could ever gain a real account of why we were doing so nicely and then when it fell asunder and was revealed just how much of a wheeze the Treasury and certain Ministers had been having with the VAT agreement for years.

No wonder they didn't want much scrutiny or a FOI at the time is it?

Top that of with the fact they bought the loyalty of a large section of society and had everyone believe they were running a credible and sustainable economy and there you have it, Belldo the great illusionist.

I would bet a gold clock that it's a load of total bullshit with a daft certificate to put on the office wall at the end of it. It's like everyone needing a degree nowadays to do jobs that their parents could walk into. Teach them on the job and save the money and the natural leaders will shine. Trouble is if we did so, those who we employ to come up with this kind of stuff would have nothing to do.

A monster has been created by sending (and rightly so) so many school leavers to university when there are not enough jobs worthy of their degrees. Now they are creating over inflated requirements for job applicants to justify the expenditure on their education.

Why rightly so? Everything else 100% spot on.

A monster has been created by sending (and rightly so) so many school leavers to university when there are not enough jobs worthy of their degrees. Now they are creating over inflated requirements for job applicants to justify the expenditure on their education.

Why rightly so? Everything else 100% spot on.

I just feel that if someone has the capability there is no reason to stop them from going to university. The fact that some believe that the education system has been deliberately dumbed down to create a whole new university industry is another matter.

I would bet a gold clock that it's a load of total bullshit with a daft certificate to put on the office wall at the end of it. It's like everyone needing a degree nowadays to do jobs that their parents could walk into. Teach them on the job and save the money and the natural leaders will shine. Trouble is if we did so, those who we employ to come up with this kind of stuff would have nothing to do.

Seen a prospectus for a similar "level 7" leadership "award" which is just verbose tripe. I wouldn't expect anything better of the tuition content. Is there an organisation on the Island that offers this course?

I saved an imaginary £30K with my £30K imaginary pay rise I got this year. Didn't I do well?

How can you 'save' what you haven't got or spent? If the £311M had been reduced to £270M that would have been a saving.

What Bell actually means in reality is, that we are just 'really really in the shit', and not 'really really really in the shit'.

Just imagine what we could save next year when we turn down their 50% pay demand!!!

Archived