Greatest Sitcom

Rhumsaa

I was watching an old episode of Father Ted the other day when it struck me that it is over 15 years old and still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.... every episode is a gem and it didn't drag on and become tiresome like Red Dwarf towards the end

What is your favourite sitcom and do the more recent shows like big bang theory come close?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, Fawlty Towers or Father Ted would be the two I would choose from. I do like TBBT and it's one of the few American comedy shows that I enjoy but you need to be a geek to get most of the jokes basically so as an overall package it would probably fall short in most peoples eyes.

Hmm, Fawlty Towers or Father Ted would be the two I would choose from. I do like TBBT and it's one of the few American comedy shows that I enjoy but you need to be a geek to get most of the jokes basically so as an overall package it would probably fall short in most peoples eyes.

yeah I think the genius of RD, FT & FT is that the com out weighs the sit... I don;t need to know about the catholic church to appreciate a group of people winding each other up but TBBT is very geek humour orientated

Archived