Sravanti Mazumbar

dilligaf

Just spotted the "news" item on the Manxnet homepage about said Indian Performer and Broadcaster, (who lives here), and her version of "Ellan Vannin".

I think it is superb and in a wierd way, feel quite proud that she should cover such a fantanstic piece of work. smile.png

I don't know how to paste the link, but it is on Youtube.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's how to really display the beauty of our island!

Yes, by keeping the DED as far away as possible from the production.

Nice work.

What no cries about comeovers stealing our music and heritage?! You can't be well. I suggest you go and see your GP. ;)

It is a nice piece of music and video though.

Wonderful - a chance to display your pseudo-intellectual musical snobbery, PL. Unfortunately, the rest of us can only appreciate it at the entirely superficial level known as 'enjoyment.'

Ah, you've not only elected yourself spokesperson for everyone but me, you've also assumed they are just as musically brain dead as yourself. Bit presumptuous of you, n'est-pas? I do, on the very odd occasion that is, envy you your superficiality, but I quickly realise that I must ultimately get so much more out of music than you and then I feel a bit sorry for you and your loss. That said, I did 'enjoy' this piece. You just missed that..... ; ))

What no cries about comeovers stealing our music and heritage?! You can't be well. I suggest you go and see your GP. wink.png

Many of the old Manx families married with Roma Gypsies whose ancestors entered Europe around 1,000 years ago. The linguistic evidence indicates they had been in India before that.

Empires of the Word by Nicholas Ostler

Read it and realise you're errm.... not correct.

Archived