Sravanti Mazumbar

dilligaf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the druids circle - turn right just after cregneash drive along to just before the white house, abandon car and walk up the slope

It's not the druids circle. There isn't a druids circle on the Island. There is no evidence, as far as I'm aware, that there were any druids on the Island. It's a neolithic burial ground. A number of burial chambers in a circle, which would have been covered over by earth. It's called Mull (rhymes with English 'mule') Circle or Lhiaght ny Virragh.

Its the druids circle - turn right just after cregneash drive along to just before the white house, abandon car and walk up the slope

It's not the druids circle. There isn't a druids circle on the Island. There is no evidence, as far as I'm aware, that there were any druids on the Island. It's a neolithic burial ground. A number of burial chambers in a circle, which would have been covered over by earth. It's called Mull (rhymes with English 'mule') Circle or Lhiaght ny Virragh.

The Isle of Man was Avalon.

That was a theory put forward by a US author in the 80s and was later debunked, I think.

No, it hasn't been debunked. Nor has it been proven.

The idea that Angelsey is Avalon, though, is even more absurd. All the mythology lends itself to the Isle of Man. An island protected by a mist summoned by a great sorcerer / demi-god, with a concentration of lay lines, inhabited by fairies, and a long association with witchcraft and the occult.

That was a theory put forward by a US author in the 80s and was later debunked, I think.

The idea that Angelsey is Avalon, though, is even more absurd. All the mythology lends itself to the Isle of Man. An island protected by a mist summoned by a great sorcerer / demi-god, with a concentration of lay lines, inhabited by fairies, and a long association with witchcraft and the occult.

it's a 900 year old myth!

what are you arguing over? That someone made something up once and it could be crowbarred into sounding like the Isle of Man?

@ LDV ok let me rephrase that ..................

Its what is known as the Druids Circle in these southern parts !

Yes, over the last fifty years the name has sprung up. I think the Manx name must have fallen out of use to be replaced by something fanciful but nonsensical. Maybe some comparison was made with stone circles in the UK.

it's a 900 year old myth!

what are you arguing over? That someone made something up once and it could be crowbarred into sounding like the Isle of Man?

Now then now then - TJ can authoritatively inform you that Mos Eisley spaceport, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, is in fact Ramsey, and the Cantana band were playing a Tatooine pastiche of Paitchynn Vannin.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that Mos Eisley is based on Ramsey.

I wish nitelife had women as good looking as the ones in the cantina in mos eisley

You'd be lucky if Nitelife had women as good looking as the men in the cantina in mos eisley!biggrin.png

Archived