Traffic lights

trmpton

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it may have been for a road sign, it's not used now so we'll get rid of it. It certainly cannot be used to fix traffic signals to as there is no ducting, no access to terminate cables, it is too short and it's designed for road signs, although Dilligaf would argue otherwise :-)

I have checked the visibility of all the signal heads from all the approaches in 3 different vehicles; a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, a Citroen Berlingo (small sized van) van and a Vauxhall Vivaro (transit sized) van with absolutely zero problems whatsoever, but I will check again tomorrow and determine if there are any visibility issues and amend according fly if there are issues, which there won't be because they have been checked on numerous occasions.

I await your apology when you realise you haven't checked them properly.

There is a reason I started the thread, and it's because I, in my vehicles, can't see the signals properly. I'd've surprised if I am the only one

Just so you know, it's worse when the sun is out and you have the sun visor down. With the sun in my eyes I had to look through the side window to see the light on my right, which cant be right can it?

Edited to add a couple of quotes that have appeared on facebook in the last hour, with no prompting from me. It would appear it's not just me who doesn't like change, and your complete inability to accept that there might actually be an issue that you had not noticed in your testing, was pretty indicative of government in general.

" And while there's a rant going on...the traffic lights at the bottom of bray hill...coming down from the school you can't see the signals unless you crane froward in your car or stop further up the road than the stop sign..."

" i noticed that today after work...not good is it!!

about an hour ago · Like · 1

about an hour ago · Like

I have checked the visibility of all the signal heads from all the approaches in 3 different vehicles; a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, a Citroen Berlingo (small sized van) van and a Vauxhall Vivaro (transit sized) van with absolutely zero problems whatsoever, but I will check again tomorrow and determine if there are any visibility issues and amend according fly if there are issues, which there won't be because they have been checked on numerous occasions.

There is a reason I started the thread, and it's because I, in my vehicles, can't see the signals properly. I'd've surprised if I am the only one

Just so you know, it's worse when the sun is out and you have the sun visor down. With the sun in my eyes I had to look through the side window to see the light on my right, which cant be right can it?

Edited to add a couple of quotes that have appeared on facebook in the last hour, with no prompting from me. It would appear it's not just me who doesn't like change, and your complete inability to accept that there might actually be an issue that you had not noticed in your testing, was pretty indicative of government in general.

" And while there's a rant going on...the traffic lights at the bottom of bray hill...coming down from the school you can't see the signals unless you crane froward in your car or stop further up the road than the stop sign..."

about an hour ago · Like

I checked it out this afternoon in a Berlingo van in several different positions along Stoney Road up to the stop line and found there to be no issues, that's not to say that you and others are not experiencing problems therefore may I suggest that you contact Network Planning - Highways at the Sea Terminal Building to lodge your complaints because I am not authorised to change the layout of the traffic signals, hopefully a full survey can be carried out to identify any issues and a solution if any are to be found. I reiterate that I see no issues personally, whilst accepting that to some, the current position of the secondary RAG head may not be as easily visible as it was.

I checked it out this afternoon in a Berlingo van in several different positions along Stoney Road up to the stop line and found there to be no issues, that's not to say that you and others are not experiencing problems therefore may I suggest that you contact Network Planning - Highways at the Sea Terminal Building to lodge your complaints because I am not authorised to change the layout of the traffic signals, hopefully a full survey can be carried out to identify any issues and a solution if any are to be found. I reiterate that I see no issues personally, whilst accepting that to some, the current position of the secondary RAG head may not be as easily visible as it was.

Thanks. I will do that.

about an hour ago · Like

Matt, where is the secondary "RAG head" ?. Is there now a "head" facing Stoney Road traffic? ( and isn't "rag head" a naughty word these days?)

Matt, where is the secondary "RAG head" ?. Is there now a "head" facing Stoney Road traffic? ( and isn't "rag head" a naughty word these days?)

I assume it's the one on your right.

I still don't get how it's acceptable that when I stop at the line in my normal driving position and look through my windscreen I can't see either light.

If I lean forward and look up to my left I can see one, and if I move my head back behind the a pillar and look through the drivers side window I can see the other.

I do have long arms though, like one of those big orange monkeys and Orville's friend.

Anyway, I will do as Matt suggests and hopefully others will do the same and we will end up with little lights further down the pole (junior rag heads?) or back across the road where they were before.

Archived