Traffic lights

trmpton

I checked it out this afternoon in a Berlingo van in several different positions along Stoney Road up to the stop line and found there to be no issues, that's not to say that you and others are not experiencing problems therefore may I suggest that you contact Network Planning - Highways at the Sea Terminal Building to lodge your complaints because I am not authorised to change the layout of the traffic signals, hopefully a full survey can be carried out to identify any issues and a solution if any are to be found. I reiterate that I see no issues personally, whilst accepting that to some, the current position of the secondary RAG head may not be as easily visible as it was.

I don't think it is acceptable that you have only checked the positioning of these lights out in three types of vehicle. Not only that but the vehicle types are all fairly similar. What you need to do is borrow every type of vehicle available on the Island, test the visibility of the lights in every possible seating position and only then can you claim that they are suitably positioned...

Ha, funny.

Have you been through the junction in question and waited as first vehicle at the stop line since the changes? If so, what was your view of the lights like?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work again fellas!

Bottom of the road past Ballaquayle school (or whatever it's called now) in both our vehicles if I am front of the queue I can't see any lights without having to look round the a pillar in the car.

I guess we will see some additional lights over the road (where they have been for how ever many years before the "improvements") or lower down the pole like on bucks road.

Who designs and signs these things off?

The same dipshits that put up all those massively visible high profile up signs on Lord Street and the Roundabout at the bus station warning you that Walpole Ave and the entrance to the Sea Terminal are blocked so that hundreds of cars everyday drive straight into a massive fucking bottleneck at the bus station roundabout as you can't go anywhere and then spend 15 minutes of their life joining the back of the queue to get back to the junction that they started at in the first place.

Bunch of frigging clowns.

This seems to be getting a little agitated. The traffic light gods are not infallible.

They seem to believe that they are infallible though. They don't seem to get the chaos they cause other people.

I think I'll send a fake tax rebate letter through to Matt, with the proviso at the end that he has to collect the rebate cheque up in person from the tax office to bank it. Then I'll put up 16 sets of piss poor traffic lights, and 2 contraflow systems between his house and the tax office, and then put 2 miles of bollards around Prospect Hill stopping all parking within 5 streets of the tax office and see how fucking angry it makes him to drive round like a dick for an hour losing money doing something that it should take 15 minutes to do.

I don't think it is acceptable that you have only checked the positioning of these lights out in three types of vehicle. Not only that but the vehicle types are all fairly similar. What you need to do is borrow every type of vehicle available on the Island, test the visibility of the lights in every possible seating position and only then can you claim that they are suitably positioned...

You're from the IOM Government Office of Human Resources aren't you? I'll look out for the job adverts for this important work next week. Oh wait, it'll be internal applications only won't it?

Ha, funny.

Have you been through the junction in question and waited as first vehicle at the stop line since the changes? If so, what was your view of the lights like?

I haven't been through the junction recent, however, I have driven plenty of vehicles with different visibility to know that the positioning of the lights in one vehicle will be great but absolutely lousy in another.

You're from the IOM Government Office of Human Resources aren't you? I'll look out for the job adverts for this important work next week. Oh wait, it'll be internal applications only won't it?

Of course it will be internal applicants only! We have hundreds of people who we are paying very generous salaries to and who are presently just counting paperclips. It will be good for them to be able to develop their careers and progress into traffic light testing.

Plus we don't want any riff raff applying for Government jobs.

PS. I am in no way affiliated to the HR department of the IOMG and neither do I work in the public sector.

• 1 month later...

I knew that I had seen an unused post there, but Matt is right, it is not a traffic light post.

So, as promised, my ass in woolies

True to your word :-)

There used to be a traffic light on the other side of the road down Tromode Road.

That's the traffic light post that is empty.

post-796-0-53280000-1398170610_thumb.png

I knew that I had seen an unused post there, but Matt is right, it is not a traffic light post.

So, as promised, my ass in woolies

True to your word :-)

There used to be a traffic light on the other side of the road down Tromode Road.

That's the traffic light post that is empty.

It's not empty, it has a PED head on it, the secondary RAG head was moved to the right hand side of Stoney Road.

But that's the point, it's not in your line of vision when you are on the line.

ETA if people are telling you it's not right, why not listen, I know of no other light set where I have to move my head so much to see lights.

ETA if people are telling you it's not right, why not listen, I know of no other light set where I have to move my head so much to see lights.

Are your eyes stuck?

I've been through this before (please check earlier posts) so don't wish to repeat myself.

I don't really know what else to add which will pacify you.

Archived