Public Discussion on Government Revenues

commish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we shouldn't bother about public opinion or equity and just accept that Govt think it ok to impose unfair taxes and charges such as the sewerage charge?</p>

ETA: I have already posted the news article in the sewerage charge thread.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56256-l5

You make the fundamental error of assuming that Thomas and/or LV types like you speak for the public. That is unsupportable twaddle. Thomas asked for a Commission of Inquiry too, not a Tynwald Committee - so presumably we would then get some addled old fool like Mark Solly pitching to chair it (expert, don'tcha know), and the costs would be astronomical. And there would be no particualr need to consult the public in any case.

Plus, and I have to say this, Thomas has the interpersonal skills of a mollusc, and it is hardly surprising that he got no support.

I'll have you know that the charismatic Mr Thomas is highly entertaining in person and much sought after for public speaking engagements in his West Douglas constituency

Afterwards he often wows the audience with a bit of music on that there giant violin thing he plays

Pic3.jpg2965754257.jpg

Pic3.jpg

So we shouldn't bother about public opinion or equity and just accept that Govt think it ok to impose unfair taxes and charges such as the sewerage charge?</p>

ETA: I have already posted the news article in the sewerage charge thread.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56256-l5

You make the fundamental error of assuming that Thomas and/or LV types like you speak for the public. That is unsupportable twaddle. Thomas asked for a Commission of Inquiry too, not a Tynwald Committee - so presumably we would then get some addled old fool like Mark Solly pitching to chair it (expert, don'tcha know), and the costs would be astronomical. And there would be no particualr need to consult the public in any case.

Plus, and I have to say this, Thomas has the interpersonal skills of a mollusc, and it is hardly surprising that he got no support.

You seem to have made a fundamental error of assuming I speak for the public.That is absolute twaddle.

Archived