Resignation of Minister

commish

Should John Shimmin's resignation have been accepted?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The impression they probably get is that they can come over here borrow? a stack of government our cash set up a business, get away with any contraversial planning application and other regulations, get cheap foreign labour, bleed the business dry and/or go bankrupt and leave local suppliers etc as creditors/losers and then get a bailout with even more government taxpayers money.

What have I missed?

sounds like motofests business plan..................

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt all you loyal citizens will next month go to pay homage to the fools on the hill, if you do look at them closely and ask, if this is collection of brigands that you want to lead and inspire us !!!

Personally none of them are worthy to be my leader, or my guide and I shall in future treat them with the same comtempt they show towards me and the rest of the Manx Public. I ill not be going to the hill.

The whole lot are a shower of hypocrites, would not trust this shower of shite as far as I could throw them! If they said said it was night I would look out the the window and check.

You've got me guessing here.Are you referring to astronomers ?

No doubt all you loyal citizens will next month go to pay homage to the fools on the hill, if you do look at them closely and ask, if this is collection of brigands that you want to lead and inspire us !!!

Personally none of them are worthy to be my leader, or my guide and I shall in future treat them with the same comtempt they show towards me and the rest of the Manx Public. I ill not be going to the hill.

Best to stay away from the hill if you're ill.

Big difference between acting illegally and being ultra vires. The latter just means that DED gave a loan that it was not within their power to give. It is quite different from an illegal act, such as theft of vodka from Tesco.

The questions here should be "was the loan the wrong thing to do?" "Did the loan lose any public money and did it achieve it's objective?" and most importantly, "was the loan given for the wrong reasons, for example as a corrupt gift?" There is nothing in the legal advice that indicates anything other than the loan was probably ultra vires. It is a legal opinion, not proof. Until,the other questions are answered or proven I am not seeing anything that makes resignation absolutely necessary, yet.

I think you need to brush up on your definitions. Theft of Vodka from Tesco's would be unlawful,not illegal.

If Tesco's were to sell Vodka to a minor that would be illegal.

Either way, there is no excuse for a senior Minister of Tynwald court to be bending or showing contempt for the rules regarding loans to third parties.

The Isle of Man is a microcosm of totalitarianism...

nuremberg rally?

BREAKING: Minister Shimmin's resignation has now been accepted

Well that's that then - the public have been given their pound of flesh, someone has been blamed and taken the fall. Now we can call this episode closed and move on without looking at private-public sector relationships, efficieny and ability of civil servants, relationship between officers and ministers or any of the murky underbelly of Manx politics they are so desperate to distract us from.

Move along now, nothing to see here...until it happens again.

Funny how a grieving Moto GP rider says something negative about the TT and in a few hours a campaign is up and running for people to turn their back on him as a protest, yet these oafs shaft you lot repeatedly and you lap it up.

Best thing you could do is go to the hill and protest at this shameful dishonourable government while the outside world is watching.

Archived