Resignation of Minister

commish

Should John Shimmin's resignation have been accepted?  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Degrees mean nothing really as most can be passed by cramming text books before the Exam. What really counts is a Ph.D which actually forces you to research and explore your particular field. This once learnt can be applied to anything. Errm maybe not anytning but lots of things especially the likes of local politics or in our context Tynwald

I think the fact that he got into Oxford at all places him above the various chimney sweeps, posties, jeans salesmen, deputy assistant bank managers, subsidy-grabbers and plumbers that inhabit the Keys, in terms of intellectual firepower. Of course, whether he does any good or not with that big brain is a different matter.

ETA: sorry, the sweep is an MLC now, isn't he? The main point still holds though

Listening to this complete idiot this morning he is even more arrogant than I'd originally thought.

This is just like a school kid who has been given a project to do and despite being told what was needed has taken no notice of the advice given and handed it in with a big smug grin only to be given it back by his teacher being told it was a crock of shit and do it again. A complete waste of our money with him hiding behind excuses of trying to help the vulnerable. This is the same man who brought ATOS over to help people claiming benefits to get back to work, he would try and put someone's burning house out by hosing petrol on it. I know people have different opinions over what JS did with the Sefton JS did it he thought for the right reasons to protect small businesses owed money by the Sefton he got it wrong and did the honourable thing by resigning Robertshaw is far too arrogant to admit he ever gets it wrong.I hope some of our mhks tear him apart when they resume.

• 4 months later...

They gotta find something for the guy to do, now he's not in the big boys' gang. He was apparently in the House of Keys the other week reading his broadsheet newspaper in a Billy No Mates sort of way.

Shove him into the Chair of Planning. It kept Quirky out of trouble for long enough.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

• Robertshaw bangs on about an integrated rail/tram network early in his political career.
  • Promenade gets redevelopment plans, with the major sticking point being the horse trams which lose a large amount of money every year.
  • Gawne mentions on the radio a couple of weeks ago that they "have to look to the future" so the tram tracks on the prom might oneday take the electric trams (with probably considerable cost of installing the electric poles) and this has been designed in.
  • Robertshaw gets made Chairman of the Planning committee.
  • Robertshaw on MR this morning says some of his decisions in the planning department might be controversial.
  • The Robertshaw Integrated Electric and Steam Railway 2020 is opened.
  • They never did land on the moon.

Archived