Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

21 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Did Israel undo their occupation and massacres before those other attempts?

Getting ever more desperate...

The "several other attempts to annihilate Israel" were they driven by anti-semitism...?

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Getting ever more desperate...

The "several other attempts to annihilate Israel" were they driven by anti-semitism...?

Do you think if Zionism was about putting millions of Christians in Palestine, and they behaved in an identical way to how Israel has over the last 70+ years, anything would be different? Hindus? Atheists? Sikhs? Muslims but Palestine is instead a Christian country?

It's not about religion.

Just now, HeliX said:

Do you think if Zionism was about putting millions of Christians in Palestine, and they behaved in an identical way to how Israel has over the last 70+ years, anything would be different? Hindus? Atheists? Sikhs? Muslims but Palestine is instead a Christian country?

It's not about religion.

The question is:

The "several other attempts to annihilate Israel" were they driven by anti-semitism...?

Which you have yet to answer as your pathetic "whataboutery" above cuts no ice.....

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

The question is:

The "several other attempts to annihilate Israel" were they driven by anti-semitism...?

Which you have yet to answer as your pathetic "whataboutery" above cuts no ice.....

If the answer to any of my above scenarios is that the same events would've played out, then it is not antisemitism.

1 minute ago, cheesypeas said:

There probably needs to be a point where folks agree to disagree, and move on. 

How is your strategy to remove Hamas from Gaza with minimal civilian and IDF casualties coming along...?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

"DEATH TO ISRAEL!!!"

Just a wild stab in the dark...

Not so much it seems.  No all out declaration of war... yet. 

On the plus side too, Blinken at least is trying to get Ben to calm down. 

I read Prof Jerry Coyne every day and his whyevolutionistrue website is one of my start up pages. 

This morning he said this:

The death toll, of course, largely reflects the Palestinians using civilians as human shields, locating military forces, headquarters, and missile launches in heavily-populated areas, or under sensitive sites like hospitals.

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2023/11/03/friday-hili-dialogue-447/

Is this true?

Is this relevant to the terrible war unleashed by the events of October 7?

32 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

I read Prof Jerry Coyne every day and his whyevolutionistrue website is one of my start up pages. 

The death toll, of course, largely reflects the Palestinians using civilians as human shields, locating military forces, headquarters, and missile launches in heavily-populated areas, or under sensitive sites like hospitals.

Is this true?

The death toll reflects the fact that Israel is willing to drop bombs on hundreds of civilians at a time.

31 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Is this true?

I'd say The death toll, of couse, largely reflects the massive bombardment myself.

2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Is this true?

The map previously posted on here, comparing Palestine to the IOM for scale, shows why they are all so close. 

They have no space, it's essentially an enclosure. The population density is very high. 

The israelis saying Hamas are hiding behind civilians is their propagandists way of saying "we have herded them into a tiny square of their own country".

• Like 1