Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Well is it a case of Israel being a pariah state as so much of the press is making out, or is it that the press reporting from the Gaza Strip are being skilfully managed by their Hamas handlers?

In my opinion while the Hamas activists use their families as consumables and weapons of propaganda and have ramped up their ballistic missile attacks from the relatively trivial glorified fireworks that the Kassam home made things are to bought in long range and accurate weapons Israel had no option other than strike back and strike back HARD.

The argument that the population of Gaza City have nowhere to go is rubbish. The Gaza Strip is mostly agricultural land and villages. Maybe Hamas are preventing some from leaving, certainly some don't want to leave as it is their way of taking part in the attacks against Israel, but what are you going to do if there's a guy with a gun aimed at you and your family who WILL fire unless you fire even if it means that the women who he's hiding behind stands a chance of being killed?

There is one aspect of this terrible mess that does figure high in my opinions.

Israel traded land for peace with the handing over of the Gaza Strip not to Egypt who wanted nothing to do with it but to the Palestinian tribes. And yet although they got the land Israel got no peace. Not even from day#1.

That deal was never concluded by the Palestinians and so Israel should now take back the land and as long as they don't want to come to Europe allow any and all Palestinians to leave and go to wherever will take them.

No doubt there will be alternative viewpoints about what is taking place but someone had to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

Israel always strikes hard. It is the only effective way to strike. Of course, in our soft sanitised Western world we have forgotten that for the time being. Whoever's interest Hamas is serving, it is certainly not the population of Gaza because as soon as they started lobbing in missiles, the manner of escalation was entirely predictable.

• Like 3

That deal was never concluded by the Palestinians and so Israel should now take back the land and as long as they don't want to come to Europe allow any and all Palestinians to leave and go to wherever will take them.

Or the UN could take back the land they gave the Jews, give it back to the Palastinians and ship all the Jews to the USA.

• Like 2

Well is it a case of Israel being a pariah state as so much of the press is making out, or is it that the press reporting from the Gaza Strip are being skilfully managed by their Hamas handlers?

In my opinion while the Hamas activists use their families as consumables and weapons of propaganda and have ramped up their ballistic missile attacks from the relatively trivial glorified fireworks that the Kassam home made things are to bought in long range and accurate weapons Israel had no option other than strike back and strike back HARD.

The argument that the population of Gaza City have nowhere to go is rubbish. The Gaza Strip is mostly agricultural land and villages. Maybe Hamas are preventing some from leaving, certainly some don't want to leave as it is their way of taking part in the attacks against Israel, but what are you going to do if there's a guy with a gun aimed at you and your family who WILL fire unless you fire even if it means that the women who he's hiding behind stands a chance of being killed?

There is one aspect of this terrible mess that does figure high in my opinions.

Israel traded land for peace with the handing over of the Gaza Strip not to Egypt who wanted nothing to do with it but to the Palestinian tribes. And yet although they got the land Israel got no peace. Not even from day#1.

No doubt there will be alternative viewpoints about what is taking place but someone had to get the ball rolling.

Are you speaking from experience or just out of your arse TJ?

Ha, I wondered if spook was TJ some time back.

Spook, could you give the poor palestinians some pointers on how exactly to behave in the face of what Israel has been up to for decades? Sure answering with missiles isn't the answer bit what the * can they do to stay put and be left alone? Just leave like you appear to be suggesting or is this just another spook troll?

Edited by ballaughbiker

Come on now TJ

ya shill

Own up....

If you care to look you will see that opening item was written by me.

If you have an alternative opinion or something to add or contradict in what I wrote then at least do so in a sensible way. This is a difficult subject at best, it involves strong emotions on both sides of the events taking place based on how people perceived the fundamentals involved.

I can see two sides to this whole mess depending on how far back one starts. IMO a good starting place isn't biblical, it's around the mid nineteenth century.

Start from there, research the Levant at that time, look at how it changed very the time, and a whole lot more besides and an interesting picture emerges, especially during and as a consequence of the actions of the British and even more especially during the Mandate years.

There is a very great deal involved in this mess than there appears to be.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll give you an answer to that one Ballaugh Biker. Kick Hamas's ass into the Mediterranean where they belong. They're the problem right now. They don't represent the legitimate grievance of the Palestinian people but rather the wider aims of Islamic Jihad. Innocent Palestinian men, women and kids are dying because of a medieval religious terror group with a genocidal charter. How's that for you ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ha, I wondered if spook was TJ some time back.

Spook, could you give the poor palestinians some pointers on how exactly to behave in the face of what Israel has been up to for decades? Sure answering with missiles isn't the answer bit what the * can they do to stay put and be left alone? Just leave like you appear to be suggesting or is this just another spook troll?

I'm me. No one else. As for advice to the Palestinians, simple. Establish a genuine and lasting peace and you will get each and progress in return. Continue with the attacks and continue to be attacked. Stop using your families to hide behind and your families will stop being killed and injured.

For you, BB learn what the background to this whole mess is and a different picture will emerge.

• Like 1

Oh come on, Israel is very restrained. If they wanted to just go in and kill Palestinians they could. And the casualties would be horrific. Israel does have bad sides, but it's not like they can just do nothing.

The main reason for it Palestinians being so angry and militant about things is simply down to the fact that the MEDIAN age in Gaza is 18 and they are easily led. (Citation: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gz.html) They truly don't know any better.

Hamas whinge about civilians dying all the time, and Israel intentionally targetting civilians but take emotion out of the question. Look at the amount of 18-26 males (fighting age) killed in proportion to the females and children. They aren't civilians at all. They're militants firing rockets from civilian areas.

Edited by Tarne
  • Like 1