Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

I'm afraid, Spook, that your solution is no solution at all. If you don't think Israel has a future in the Levant, but you also firmly believe that the Jews should have a designated homeland, then you require a territory where no-one currently lives but is nevertheless a hospitable environment, or you require a territory where the existing population is willing to create and be subsumed into a jewish homeland. Of course, niether is remotely possible.

People have considered a single state solution down the decades, but of course that shares the land rather than providing a jewish state and thus fails as far as the Israelis are concerned. Given that, I can't see any reasonable solution other than a two state one.4

The reason why that has failed thus far is because Israel has failed to cede any true sovereignity or territorial integrity to the Palestinians. The West Bank is completely colonised with illegal Israeli settlements, and Gaza is essentially an open prison, with a naval blockade and closed borders. Both sides need to implement a two state solution with good faith, adhering to all UN resolutions.

A two state option is a none option. It would make a bad situation very much worse. Just think about how WW 1 came about, it would be the same.

Donald, no - the state of Israel hadn't been reestablished yet. Besides, the British were occupying their land and blocking Jews from escaping Nazi Europe to Palestine.

Well, I didn't want to say 'Zionists'

It was after the second world war so not too much to do with escaping 'Nazi Europe'

The point being that the number of British killed in a few terrorist bombings pales in comparison to the thousands of Jews murdered by the Nazis thanks to Britain blocking them from fleeing to safety. But what does any of this have to do with the current situation in Gaza?

Donald, no - the state of Israel hadn't been reestablished yet. Besides, the British were occupying their land and blocking Jews from escaping Nazi Europe to Palestine.

It was after the second world war so not too much to do with escaping 'Nazi Europe'

Why not Zionists? Do you not know what a Zionists actually is? It's nothing other than a supporter of the creation of a Jewish homeland where the Jewish homeland had been. Edited by spook

I'm sure British Forces were more than capable of ignoring 'warnings'

I've never heard of a long occupation of a civilian building being in itself against the Geneva Convention, tho' the destruction of it probably was

Then research it. You WILL find that the use of civilian places is illegal under the GC.

you require a territory where no-one currently lives but is nevertheless a hospitable environment, or you require a territory where the existing population is willing to create and be subsumed into a jewish homeland. Of course, niether is remotely possible.

I don't see why not. Europe is willingly, nay enthusiastically, creating a similar arrangement for Muslims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never heard of a long occupation of a civilian building being in itself against the Geneva Convention, tho' the destruction of it probably was

Then research it. You WILL find that the use of civilian places is illegal under the GC.

I've had a look - can you give me a specific reference? Would have thought it had been occupied long enough to be regarded as an occupying power's administrative centre

Why not Zionists? Do you not know what a Zionists actually is? It's nothing other than a supporter of the creation of a Jewish homeland where the Jewish homeland had been.

I suppose it's an emotive word, or was

How did Britain stop Jewish people escaping from Nazi occupied Europe, anyone know?

Israel and my people have suffered antisemitism for centuries, do you want support the terrorists in Palestine who bombed US & UK??!!

Coming here I thought I would never experience antisemitism until someone a local resident call Nidal AD said my people our Nazis on FB, some sort of dentist I think

How dare he, what does the Jewish community say here??!!

Why do Jews always equate criticism of the Israeli government and it's actions as anti-seitism? There are plenty of Jews who abhor Zionism.

• Like 1

Why not Zionists? Do you not know what a Zionists actually is? It's nothing other than a supporter of the creation of a Jewish homeland where the Jewish homeland had been.

“My opinion of Christian Zionists? They’re scum. But don’t tell them that. We need all the useful idiots we can get right now.”

Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120314143723AAsh96H

“My opinion of Christian Zionists? They’re scum. But don’t tell them that. We need all the useful idiots we can get right now.”Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu

Why not verify things before you repeat them as fact?

The HOUSE

KD was still in use at the time as a civilian resource, it was in use as a hotel. That makes it illegal under the GC.

a That is still an illegal act because the KD was still being used by civilians.

I've had a look - can you give me a specific reference? Would have thought it had been occupied long enough to be regarded as an occupying power's administrative centre

Edited by spook

Israel and my people have suffered antisemitism for centuries, do you want support the terrorists in Palestine who bombed US & UK??!!

Coming here I thought I would never experience antisemitism until someone a local resident call Nidal AD said my people our Nazis on FB, some sort of dentist I think

How dare he, what does the Jewish community say here??!!

Why do Jews always equate criticism of the Israeli government and it's actions as anti-seitism? There are plenty of Jews who abhor Zionism.

Because playing the Holocaust Card is the easy option and a convenient way to make yourself look like the poor victim again, instead of the bloodthirsty aggressor they really are.

Pisses me off, especially after protests in Germany. Straight away some arseholes jump up and shout "antisemitism". No you fucktards. Most people don't give a flying shit what religion you follow or what you call yourself. They don't protest because they don't like the fact you're Jewish. They protest because Israel is bombing the fuck out of people, including civilians and kids. To the casual observer, this looks a lot less like self defence and a lot more like the indiscriminate murder of people they hate.

• Like 2

“My opinion of Christian Zionists? They’re scum. But don’t tell them that. We need all the useful idiots we can get right now.”Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu

Why not verify things before you repeat them as fact?

I personally don't care whether it's true or not, it's the sentiment that counts. More mumbo jumbo with one bunch of brain-washed people siding with another bunch of brain-washed people over yet another bunch of brain-washed people.

Edited by Lxxx