Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Whatever you happen to think of Islam or Judaism, what the state of Israel has perpetrated in Palestine is no less than invasion, theft, and mass expulsion, all backed by Western powers.

"The Jews are the indigeneous people of that land - as confirmed by the archaeological and historical record going back 4,000 years - and the only reason lots of Jews have lived in places like Europe, North America, Ethiopia, and as far east as India and China, is because they were violently expelled from their homeland on multiple occasions: 722 BC by the Assyrians; 586 BC by the Babylonians; and in 150 AD by the Romans"

"If you remove religion from the equation, Jews still have a historical and cultural connection to the land. All the archaeological sites are Jewish."

This justification of the invasion by spurious historical argument features heavily in Zionism. It is frankly laughable. So a thousand years ago Jews were living in Palestine? It's like me trying justify an invasion of Norway based on the fact that some of my ancestors may have come from there, or indeed an invasion of the Caspian Steppe based on the hypothesis that Indo-European language originated there.

• Like 1

you require a territory where no-one currently lives but is nevertheless a hospitable environment, or you require a territory where the existing population is willing to create and be subsumed into a jewish homeland. Of course, niether is remotely possible.

I don't see why not. Europe is willingly, nay enthusiastically, creating a similar arrangement for Muslims.

Noted, Woolley, as on each previous occasion you have made a similar point.

Whatever you happen to think of Islam or Judaism, what the state of Israel has perpetrated in Palestine is no less than invasion, theft, and mass expulsion, all backed by Western powers.

"The Jews are the indigeneous people of that land - as confirmed by the archaeological and historical record going back 4,000 years - and the only reason lots of Jews have lived in places like Europe, North America, Ethiopia, and as far east as India and China, is because they were violently expelled from their homeland on multiple occasions: 722 BC by the Assyrians; 586 BC by the Babylonians; and in 150 AD by the Romans"

"If you remove religion from the equation, Jews still have a historical and cultural connection to the land. All the archaeological sites are Jewish."

This justification of the invasion by spurious historical argument features heavily in Zionism. It is frankly laughable. So a thousand years ago Jews were living in Palestine? It's like me trying justify an invasion of Norway based on the fact that some of my ancestors may have come from there, or indeed an invasion of the Caspian Steppe based on the hypothesis that Indo-European language originated there.

However when you have loony tunes gaining positions of power in key parts of the world their devotion to their version of history becomes other people's nightmare. As we have now with political Zionism.

Is it just me, or is the View New Content page misfiring at the moment?

Anyway, bit surprised no one has posted this yet:

I think both sides have a lot to answer for in the Middle East Conflict.

I suspect Israel has played a far cannier game than the Palestinians, and has hence been able to expand its territorial ambitions greatly due to Arab strategic miscalculations.

Now however it is close to over-reach and the violence it has to deploy to maintain its territorial expansion is counter-productive.

The question is how to pull back to settled borders.

Personally I think it is possible, and I think Israel would keep to and respect the borders formed in a reasonable peace plan, as long as it was not attacked.

The trouble is both the Palestinians and the Zionist-Greater Israel factions have used religion to demand unrealistic settlements.

The result is an unwillingness to compromise and a willingness to use violence for religious zealotry.

What the war faction in Israel wants will not bring it peace, just more war.

Hamas and those who have made defeating Israel a centre piece of their religion are just as bad.

Israel's strength and Hamas's strategic stupidity has given Israel control of such a large territory that the rump Palestine is hardly viable.

Peace will require Israel compromising to ensure Palestine has enough land and water for a viable state. Few are willing to do that.

So war will continue ... as summed up in the Video above. Sad.

Read post 25 where I already refuted everything you have said here.