Hong Kong Pro-Democracy Demonstrations

Chinahand

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A huge victory for people power in Hong Kong, but with the passage of the law only suspended, not cancelled, there is still a risk the Hong Kong authorities will force through legislation clearly lacking in democratic support.

The consent of the governed is a vital principle of liberal democracy. The CPC has no understanding of the concept.  Also by creating such a dichotomy between themselves and ordinary Hong Kongers the CPC is driving and creating the separatist/independence rhetoric as that is the only way to oppose imposition of unwanted laws.  If the CPC insists it is our way or the highway, don't be surprised by the growth in the number of highwaymen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-48649077

23 hours ago, Chinahand said:

The consent of the governed is a vital principle of liberal democracy. The CPC has no understanding of the concept. 

I suspect that they do. They have no interest in it.

We lost BBC earlier in the year. No prob. Then Breitbart went because they support Trumps tarriffs, then HK happened, again.First to go was wikipedia, then guardain, fox vanished for a few days.. Daily mail is gone forever it seems. CNN, off and on. But MF seems to be immune. I have to be carefull to avoid key words, posting here non VPN. 

Superb result in the other place. China does not know how to react apart from do an almost total web block. Twa million on the street. Twa being the scottish word for 2.. gotta be carefull of word combinatations behind the fire thing.

But here is the brutal actual reality. A good mate of mine, a Canadian, lived here ten years in west GD is having a break from his chinese wife.. he is in the phillipines, his chinese wife is with GD family in HK. Been there for 2 months.

My mates wife, in HK, While this was going on, had no idea it was going on. I had a short chat with my chinese boss about it,showed him guardian articles on vpn. He said American propaganda. Foreigners trying to destroy China.

But lets be honest.. HKrs hate mainlanders. I know. They call mailanders cockroaches. I dont like HK. My last trip their was 2 years ago altough its only 2 hours away. Officious entitled cunts, is how I would explain HKrs based on experience in HK. Dare I even say racist cunts..

But they have scored a massive victory against their own legco, and an even more impressive victory against the party. I applaud them for that. Fucking superb. Beijing is clueless in how to respond. They have never been beaten like this. Fucking superb. HK has the upper hand. It wins.

My wife and 7 year old daughter both have HK and Macau entry cards. As a family we could go to HK every weekend if we wanted to. The entry cards are automatic to GD houkou ppl. 

But nah..If I wanted to be treated like dogshit, I would prefer to pay the airfare to the Union in Castletown. The place where nobody marries below themselve.. get the point. 

Chinahand.. I can get bbc via vpn. No idea about FT, but london stock exchange is not blocked.

post some blue links, I will let you know if they open non vpn.

The point I making is, the Mainland Chinese ppl dont care about the HK protests. It is totally blocked news, but those who do know about it dismiss them as uncle toms. They consider them race traitors. The only way to beat the west is to have a better way. A planned way. Yellow is right.. white is Devil.

Archived