UKIPT IoM 2

fatshaft

I am so not interested in Poker however, I did just get over excited when I saw how many local people are still in the competition. Great stuff. You have to admire their nerve, I just facebook stalked one of the competitors, he's very cool about being on the cusp of winning or losing a massive sum of money - balls of steel! This also explains the Villa having turned into the "Poker Stars Island of culture Villa Marina" (that's a mouthful for the MR Ads folk).

OMG super exciting, I actually know one of the people still in it. Oooooooh citing.

There are currently 7 IOM residents in the final 40. The current chip leader (with a HUGE chip lead) is a local.

There should be at least 1 local at the final table.

Even if you are not a poker fan the tension in the Villa today will be unreal.

If you have time (and are 18+) then a visit to the Villa to rail the locals would be a great boost to them (us.)

Everyone still in the event is taking home at least £1660 in prize money and the winner scores over 65k.

If you like poker there are still a couple of tournaments to play. There is a plo double chance and a no limit hold em on today (I think they are both £100 events) as well as cash tables.

This event is a good one for the IOM as it brings in approx 350 visitors for the weekend and all the associated benefits to the local economy.

Oh is it the final? It looks like yer man Darren Woods is in the lead but I know nothing about Poker. My little friend is not on the list anymore sad.png

WTF, WTF does that mean? smile.png

ETA - Please may someone assist? This Poker tournament, do you pay £770 to go in it and then play until you're out of chips? Or can you leave whenever you like? I still can't get over people chucking £1million odd on a table over a game of cards, mad I tell you, maaaad.

and another thing....there is a woman in the final 12, I didn't think Poker was a woman's game.

ETA - Please may someone assist? This Poker tournament, do you pay £770 to go in it and then play until you're out of chips? Or can you leave whenever you like? I still can't get over people chucking £1million odd on a table over a game of cards, mad I tell you, maaaad.

and another thing....there is a woman in the final 12, I didn't think Poker was a woman's game.

2 main ways you do it. Cash games, where you're betting real money, and you leave whenever you like, and tournaments, where all those that start (either by virtue of paying the entry fee or winning a seat in other feeder tournaments) have the same number of chips, and play until the last one is left. There'll be a prize structure associated with that, with payouts for the top however many places.

It's really a very simple game Bees. Come round to my house with a wad of cash and I'll show you if you like devil.gif

Archived