Summerland Sold

Zammo Maguire

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something smells very bad about this.

Well Cretney seems to be involved - he has a track record of such things (eg a demolished bus station undeveloped for 5+years)

More like 20.

Longer. His brain's been undeveloped for 62 years.

At the end of the day these things can happen. It really isn't an issue if the other bids/proposals were not acceptable in the first place.

The trouble is the boat has sailed, since 2006, when we should have been all over it getting an investor in. It is hard to get a huge investment into that area in these times.

No doubt the government will ultimately fold to a large house builder.

what a shock, governments best option was in financial trouble?? why didn't they can get bailed out like the sefton group, maybe pinewouldn't can do a film about it???

No. Not the 'best option', the favoured purchaser.

you're correct, the government does seem to 'favour' people in financial trouble...

House builder sticking up some new flats would be grand. If they keep building them, I'm hopeful the price will come down so I can buy one tongue.png

You would think so. However, that isn't the case because those large housebuilders are able to retain their properties if they cannot sell them at the price they want. It's colluding with government and estate agents IMHO.

No permission for mass developments should be given until these housebuilders lower prices to the real level and move on the property. Housing in the IOM is at least 30% overpriced and whilst I agree there has been some drop in the market there should have been more.

It's an unhealthy situation.

I don't think the Summerland site is a suitable site for yet more apartments, but even if it were, it shouldn't be sold without a cast-iron guarantee that it will be developed within a reasonable time-frame. I understand that a major developer already owns - and has planning permission for - several rundown sites in lower Douglas that are ripe for development, but they appear to be in no hurry to build on them. Planning permission for one of these sites has recently been extended. This is disappointing, particularly at a time when the Government has great plans for smartening the place up.

House builder sticking up some new flats would be grand. If they keep building them, I'm hopeful the price will come down so I can buy one tongue.png

They don't do "flats". They do luxurious designer residences with open views to the sea.

Or in other words overpriced flats knocked up by the cheapest immigrant labour they can find and poshed up with cheap cosmetic trimmings that will disintegrate within a few years. The open views to the sea will probably come from the missing windows the sea just invited itself in through, along with a large side serving of seaweed that smells either like poo or vomit depending on the time of year.

I mean they COULD build entire new villages with sensible easy to heat and maintain homes for young people and their families. But it's all about profit and not logic.

Archived