Looks like the burglars are back!

samster

Thanks for that NDP - I've just read the log on that job. Hope the young fella is OK, must have been quite scary for him. Just a pity he didn't ring us right away. Good descriptions though. Thanks.

As for being 'none the wiser' - there is an awful lot of stuff going on I promise you.

If and when they are caught. If they are legitimately locals then by all means say so, but could the police and media stop describing people that have lived over here for a few months as - LOCAL DOUGLAS MAN - or whatever in the press when convicted, this keeps happening, my favorite being the - LOCAL DOUGLAS MAN - who no interpreter could be found for.The sports people that come here to live are correctly described as living locally or a resident, it should be the same for criminals.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Lagman :-

Your apparent indifference to the use of lethal force in the case of property theft is disturbing. IMO there are very few occasions where the use of or potential use of lethal force is appropriate, none of which involve burglary where there is no threat of physical injury.

To equate the legitimacy of taking someone's life with the taking of someone's property is obscene.

As for someone who has moved to the Island and now lives in (say) Douglas as being anything other than a 'Douglas man' is pure and simply xenophobia. If someone has been born in Douglas and spent his whole life on the Island living in Douglas makes not one iota of difference to someone who has relocated to the Island and now lives in Douglas. Both can legitimately be described as 'Douglas men'.

Lagman, irrespective of your physical age you have a great deal of growing up to do.

@ Lagman :-

Your apparent indifference to the use of lethal force in the case of property theft is disturbing. IMO there are very few occasions where the use of or potential use of lethal force is appropriate, none of which involve burglary where there is no threat of physical injury.

To equate the legitimacy of taking someone's life with the taking of someone's property is obscene.

As for someone who has moved to the Island and now lives in (say) Douglas as being anything other than a 'Douglas man' is pure and simply xenophobia. If someone has been born in Douglas and spent his whole life on the Island living in Douglas makes not one iota of difference to someone who has relocated to the Island and now lives in Douglas. Both can legitimately be described as 'Douglas men'.

Lagman, irrespective of your physical age you have a great deal of growing up to do.

I`m sorry every house burglary with people at home ( which has happened atleast in the big spate) carries a threat, how can you say there is no threat? - you don`t know how this situation not of your making is going to play out and there has been plenty of examples from across and some here(not in this spate) where violence or worse has been committed to the burglary victims.

You didn`t read it properly `it`s not about property, it`s about putting families in danger, which is what happens when someone breaks into your occupied house.

Seriously the guy assuming eastern europeans are to blame is accusing me of xenophobia?

No not really, if I go and live in China for a few months it doesn`t make me chinese.

@ Lagman :- Nowhere did I write or imply that there was no threat, do read what I wrote. As for my suspicion there is a high probability that the people involved are Eastern Europeans, I put forward a reasoned argument as to why that is probably the case.

@ Lagman :- Nowhere did I write or imply that there was no threat, do read what I wrote. As for my suspicion there is a high probability that the people involved are Eastern Europeans, I put forward a reasoned argument as to why that is probably the case.

This sentence - IMO there are very few occasions where the use of or potential use of lethal force is appropriate, none of which involve burglary where there is no threat of physical injury.

And I would consider that a possibility, one of several, and yet you were awful quick to dish out the Xenophobia accusations based on terminology. - i.e. if someone moves here they are a resident or live locally, if they originate or maybe just grow up here they are a local, it is for example how the sports people who move over here are always described, correctly.

Thanks for that NDP - I've just read the log on that job. Hope the young fella is OK, must have been quite scary for him. Just a pity he didn't ring us right away. Good descriptions though. Thanks.

As for being 'none the wiser' - there is an awful lot of stuff going on I promise you.

Hopefully he left a "like"' on the Facebook page though even if nobody picked the phone up.

Being the victim of a crime myself,which happened 2 years ago, I actually seen who did it, phoned police as your ment to do, police arrive apprehend culprit, question him at the road side, police let him go come back to our house and say it's a case of his word against yours, and say they will come back in the morning to take a statement as they where busy on that evening! Guess what Mr flint, I'm still waiting for them to call! And am also £329 out of pocket due to the fact that "your" officers did not give me an incident number for insurance purposes , and better again they didn't even log it as an incident! Well done iom police any wonder there is no confidence

Hmmn, Just seen a guy outside in a high viz jacket spray an aerosol can outside several properties on the pavement on my street with a parked white and blue truck down the road.Anyone know what this would be for?

Hmmn, Just seen a guy outside in a high viz jacket spray an aerosol can outside several properties on the pavement on my street with a parked white and blue truck down the road.Anyone know what this would be for?

Telecom?

Telecom?

Water authority? ( old van )

Archived