Looks like the burglars are back!

samster

@ Lagman :-

As for someone who has moved to the Island and now lives in (say) Douglas as being anything other than a 'Douglas man' is pure and simply xenophobia. If someone has been born in Douglas and spent his whole life on the Island living in Douglas makes not one iota of difference to someone who has relocated to the Island and now lives in Douglas. Both can legitimately be described as 'Douglas men'.

Crap. This practice of referring to "Douglas man" or "Ramsey man" when the name is totally unpronouncable is extremely irritating and is a practice used by all media. I would love to know on whose instruction this was started. There is much of this kind of tiptoeing around agenda nowadays and naturally the BBC is the worst offender. I watched a report on Newsnight this week about the enquiry into the grooming of young girls in the UK by middle aged men. It was discussed in great depth and everyone got a piece of the blame. The councillors, the social services, the police, society at large etc, but never once in about 15 minutes did anyone mention that the whole problem was perpetrated by Pakistanis. I expected as much when it started and I wasn't disappointed. Disgrace.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the first requirements of shooting at someone is to have someone to shoot at. If the police knew where the next break in was going to take place then the matter would be resolved in short order.

IMO resolving this matter is going to take time but the failure of people to take care of their valuables is certainly a major factor. How many houses on the Island have even a rudimentary burglar alarm? Or CCTV and a time lapse recorder? Or for that matter decent security locks on doors and windows?

It's a long standing joke about the announcement on inbound flights advising passengers to reset their watches by 20 years but behind that joke is an element of truth.

Immigration into the UK has seen long thousands of Eastern European criminals and the crime statistics in the UK have soared as a result. To such people the fact that the Island is not a part of the UK is a non issue. To them the Island is simply a very soft touch with lots of high value goods there for the taking because of lax security and a laissez faire attitude by the locals. Faced with this the Manx police, themselves probably inadequately equipped or trained to deal this change in crime, must be having an awful job.

Instead of having a moan about them why not help them by taking more care of your own things?

The ONLY suggestion that I would offer is that maybe a campaign could be conducted by Crime Prevention staff to advise people on what they could do to better secure their homes - and that people then do what they are advised to do.

Have you noticed a few Eastern Europeans missing from Norfolk? Why the hell should we have to live behind bars and alarms to protect ourselves from foreign criminals who should be deported as soon as they break the law and are caught? You are almost justifying their actions because we are "a soft touch". You are right that we are and have been for too long. Time to change all of that and show them we are not. Or is that xenophopic?

There certainly has been a marked increase in crime in the UK with the number of people in jail who have arrived from Eastern Europe a much higher percentage of the population from those sources than elsewhere. In fact the proportion of criminals per capita in the case of Romania no is eight times greater than for British people.

There certainly has been a marked increase in crime in the UK with the number of people in jail who have arrived from Eastern Europe a much higher percentage of the population from those sources than elsewhere. In fact the proportion of criminals per capita in the case of Romania no is eight times greater than for British people.

So what does that tell you?

One of the first requirements of shooting at someone is to have someone to shoot at. If the police knew where the next break in was going to take place then the matter would be resolved in short order.

IMO resolving this matter is going to take time but the failure of people to take care of their valuables is certainly a major factor. How many houses on the Island have even a rudimentary burglar alarm? Or CCTV and a time lapse recorder? Or for that matter decent security locks on doors and windows?

It's a long standing joke about the announcement on inbound flights advising passengers to reset their watches by 20 years but behind that joke is an element of truth.

Immigration into the UK has seen long thousands of Eastern European criminals and the crime statistics in the UK have soared as a result. To such people the fact that the Island is not a part of the UK is a non issue. To them the Island is simply a very soft touch with lots of high value goods there for the taking because of lax security and a laissez faire attitude by the locals. Faced with this the Manx police, themselves probably inadequately equipped or trained to deal this change in crime, must be having an awful job.

Instead of having a moan about them why not help them by taking more care of your own things?

The ONLY suggestion that I would offer is that maybe a campaign could be conducted by Crime Prevention staff to advise people on what they could do to better secure their homes - and that people then do what they are advised to do.

Have you noticed a few Eastern Europeans missing from Norfolk? Why the hell should we have to live behind bars and alarms to protect ourselves from foreign criminals who should be deported as soon as they break the law and are caught? You are almost justifying their actions because we are "a soft touch". You are right that we are and have been for too long. Time to change all of that and show them we are not. Or is that xenophopic?

I have to come in on this, I was going to leave it as I`ve had my rant.Glad to know I`m not the only one that`s noticed that they seem to have stopped deporting criminals, I distinctly remember a couple of polish people a few years ago getting deported for getting in fights/ beating people up and in the last few years foreigners committing bigger crimes and the subject of deportation never coming up again, not blaming the police for this,it`s smacks more of Bell, Shimmin letting Dandara etc. do whatever they want with the work permit system, which actually used to work quite well,when it wasn`t just being ignored.

It tells me that the probability of an Eastern European engaging in criminality is considerably more so than a British person within the UK, and further analysis of published data individual shows which European states immigrants have the greatest probability of offending within the UK.

It's like the situtation 25 years ago in London when there was a big stink about the probability of a black youth being stopped and searched by the police being five times that of a white youth being stopped and searched. It was usually quoted without the inconvenient fact that there was a similar disparity in the numbers of black and white muggers at the time so the conclusion was that the police were institutionally racist.

It tells me that the probability of an Eastern European engaging in criminality is considerably more so than a British person within the UK, and further analysis of published data individual shows which European states immigrants have the greatest probability of offending within the UK.

I don`t think you need go even that far,the way I see this issue is, Britain and the IOM etc. have always had criminals, very low with the IOM but when you have mass immigration the new criminals don`t replace the old one`s they are still there, they just add to them so in certain places, certain crimes grow to epidemic proportions.

Get a property in Romania perhaps?

Get a property in Romania perhaps?

Actually isn`t Poland itself supposed to be very low crime? - maybe all their criminals travelled further afield

it not a pro burglar as they would be doing 10-15 properties per night, they will turn out to be a local inbred manx

Weren`t they doing about that a while back in the big spate?

The burglary 2 years ago posted earlier in the thread sounds distinctly like a local Manx burglary.

These ones are far to slick to be locals alone, granted one or two of them have probably been living here for awhile

Archived