Looks like the burglars are back!

samster

They are most certainly back. Our home was subject to an attempted break-in early evening last night.

Our eldest son disturbed them.

White van, two men, hoodies, surgical gloves, shower caps (how my son described) over their feet. Professional criminals no doubt.

The police are still non the wiser. These burglars are running them ragged.

Very sorry to hear that, Nom de plume, it must have been a frightening experience for your son - hope he is OK. Was anyone at home, or were they trying to break into your house while it was empty? I assume he disturbed them by returning home.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Gas/Water/Electricity/burglars casing the joint and making obvious markings rather than just texting the address/plague

*delete as appropriate

Plague via aerosol , maybe Manxgas getting worse.

As a subtext, the Police have been first rate with us, very impressed.

Sadly, to bang these thieves to rights and pin a proper (not just handling) conviction on them, they are going to have to be caught 'in the act'.

These highly skilled burglars will make a mistake, no doubt.

Thanks for that NDP - I've just read the log on that job. Hope the young fella is OK, must have been quite scary for him. Just a pity he didn't ring us right away. Good descriptions though. Thanks.

As for being 'none the wiser' - there is an awful lot of stuff going on I promise you.

Being the victim of a crime myself,which happened 2 years ago, I actually seen who did it, phoned police as your ment to do, police arrive apprehend culprit, question him at the road side, police let him go come back to our house and say it's a case of his word against yours, and say they will come back in the morning to take a statement as they where busy on that evening! Guess what Mr flint, I'm still waiting for them to call! And am also £329 out of pocket due to the fact that "your" officers did not give me an incident number for insurance purposes , and better again they didn't even log it as an incident! Well done iom police any wonder there is no confidence

Dear Yee Haa

Please contact me directly on 631371 or email me at derek.flint@gov.im. I can fully understand why you may have lost confidence in us with service such as you describe. It sounds to me like a Professional Standards issue, and although I can make no guarantees of a resolution beacuse of the time that has lapsed, I can at the very least make some inquiries for you. I'd hope that when people do get poor service from the police, they would do as they would do with a company they might deal with, and either write in breaking dishes, or refer it to a senior member of staff. Thay way we've got the opportunity to apologise, fix it, and restore confidence.

I'll look forward to hearing from you

Derek

At least three different groups will benefit from the crime spree -

scum-bag burglars

CCTV installers - (is that run by ex Police?)

persons wanting to promote ANPR (car numberplate recognition system)

anyone else?

scum-bag burglars

anyone else?

the plod :)

scum-bag burglars

anyone else?

I did think it a bit off, that when the please did their drop in advice things to advise on securing your home there seemed to be one particular business in attendance rather than leaflets from all the local suppliers.

I assume they contacted all the relevant busineses/locksmiths/CCTV installers etc and asked if they wanted to attend but got a negative response (which would seem strange) rather than just go straight to the one run by their own ex police mates?

Thanks for that NDP - I've just read the log on that job. Hope the young fella is OK, must have been quite scary for him. Just a pity he didn't ring us right away. Good descriptions though. Thanks.

As for being 'none the wiser' - there is an awful lot of stuff going on I promise you.

Being the victim of a crime myself,which happened 2 years ago, I actually seen who did it, phoned police as your ment to do, police arrive apprehend culprit, question him at the road side, police let him go come back to our house and say it's a case of his word against yours, and say they will come back in the morning to take a statement as they where busy on that evening! Guess what Mr flint, I'm still waiting for them to call! And am also £329 out of pocket due to the fact that "your" officers did not give me an incident number for insurance purposes , and better again they didn't even log it as an incident! Well done iom police any wonder there is no confidence

Dear Yee Haa

Please contact me directly on 631371 or email me at derek.flint@gov.im. I can fully understand why you may have lost confidence in us with service such as you describe. It sounds to me like a Professional Standards issue, and although I can make no guarantees of a resolution beacuse of the time that has lapsed, I can at the very least make some inquiries for you. I'd hope that when people do get poor service from the police, they would do as they would do with a company they might deal with, and either write in breaking dishes, or refer it to a senior member of staff. Thay way we've got the opportunity to apologise, fix it, and restore confidence.

I'll look forward to hearing from you

Derek

Thanks for your response derek

It's water under the bridge now,Like You Say The Time Has Lapsed. The funny thing about it now looking back was, my 4 year old son asking me why the police weren't going to arrest the bad guy and put him in jail, after all he seen what happened to! I couldn't give him an answer as I was as baffled as he was

This exemplifies perfectly all this policing via the internet nonsense. Why not just send him a PM rather than try to show to the world and his dog that the police force gives a shit about an incident that he claims happened years ago? It's the same with the Twitter and Facebook pages that are directed at and deliberately set up to pander to idiots. People just want crimes solved not soothing words and messages designed to portray the illusion that you care about their general well being via social media.

Archived