New Tesco Express?

The Inspector

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard talk of a Tesco Express for the disused IoM Bank building in Onchan.

Anyone else heard this?

I couldn't imagine a worse spot. No drop off outside. No parking for miles. Wedged right between two sets of busy traffic lights. So yes it's the sort of mad idea that would probably get through planning.

Perhaps a tesco express could go in the old Celtic trader site, might bring some footfall to the always defunct village walk.

I heard George C Romero is filming his next zombie film in Village Walk. It's exactly like the set of one of those early 1970s zombie movies. The ones where there is a completely empty shopping mall and then out of nowhere all the zombie flesh eaters suddenly turn up and try to eat the 2 shoppers and the one remaining security guard left.

Every time I park my car and wander into the place I always look back and wish I had packed a pump action shotgun in the boot just in case.

Iv'e actually suggested this as as buisness case for Village walk!

I don't think Tesco are made of money. They probably couldn't afford the 200 gazzillion pound rent for a village walk unit.

Many if not most Tesco Express shops are not owned by Tesco but are franchises.

Archived