New Manx Radio Website

GD4ELI

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thumbs-up to MR, nice new funky website, big improvement.

www.manxradio.com

Yes it does look quite nice. I suppose it's quite an important link to the island for you saddos who really wish you lived here, but are unable to cross the psychological barrier to move back.

Does it ever occur to you and those with the same silly ideas that while I can't speak for GD4ELI that the it's not a psychological barrier that prevents me from returning to the Island, it's common sense.

Looking back on the few years that I spent there after retiring I now shudder and wonder what on earth stopped me from escaping before I did.

It comes to something when a place has no future for pensioners, young people should smell the coffee and get out if they can as soon as they can and if they have kids do so for the sake of their kids futures if not their own

Wish I still lived on the Island? No way. But if I can provide a viewpoint that is instantly shot down with the 'morning boat' rubbish if expressed on the Island by the 'Manx Crabs' that will point out the things that need pointing out, and if I can encourage those who can shake off the graveyard dust of the Island then I consider my efforts well worth while.

It is an improvement, though it is just an off the shelf radio CMS, so should be better, the design somehow still feels simpler yet more cluttered.

Bit stupid they use oversized .bmp images for the photos which are uncompressed rather than jpegs like every website has used ever, it means that the site is very slow to load and despite now being 'mobile friendly' the stupidly large yet low resolution images kill that dead.

It'll take a while to settle down, I'm sure of that.

I assume it's a responsive design, a PITA to code but nice when done.

Responsive is not a pain to code just needs the right approach, though having a responsive design loading blurry uncompressed bitmap images is rather silly.

Personally I find the design cluttered and a poor clone of the bbc site, though at least after many years of criticsim they have finally done something in the right direction and if any one recalls the car crash that was manxradiott365.com they have considerably upped their game by buying a cheap off the shelf solution. So on the whole well done, just a shame the content is mostly rubbish.

Archived