New Manx Radio Website

GD4ELI

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These folks have their 'signature' in the code http://aiir.com

High time government 'agencies' were encouraging local web design folk in their efforts

Its an off the shelf Radio Station website provider, suppose it will address most of the things they need particularly the radio player and stuff like that though the rest is fairly limited and very standard, this is surely a cheap and hopefully reliable option, don't think many local designers would be queing up to work for Manx Radio it would probably kill off any career and drive them barmy, the last guy had to flee to Australia.

No doubt over the next few weeks be told it has been voted best website in the world by the Radio Academy, and has potentially a gazillion page views if you take the TT audience spike and forecast that for the rest of the year.

I'd like to see DED make available some low cost studio space in the 'Arts, Culture & Heritage Quarter' (or whatever it is) & sponsor some young web development teams by giving them a bit of work

It'd be peanuts compared even to just DED hotel & travel spend

Bloody Hell.

It's 'Dying Matters Week' on the national broadcaster

Hope that's not why Our Stu is absent today

Great isn't it? What demographic are they aiming for? We all know we are going to die. We don't need it ramming down our throats on the radio. One bloke just said "We are trying to make dying more acceptable." Good luck with that, chum. It's off now. Listening to the background birdsong instead.

I guess its government funded so it has to be rebranded at least once every two years.

Only complaint is they need a few more lines of local news headlines.

I personally think there is nothing like the obituaries read out on the radio, it just adds to the crap of the day thumbsup.gif

The web cam looking over Douglas Bay doesn't seem to refresh as often as it used to do.

the bay-cam used to refresh about every 20 seconds or so, the new 'improved' version refreshes about every 23 minutes crying.gif

(when places with decent webcams actually have live HD streaming !)

I'm not wild about it, looks very confused and takes a lot of searching to find anything you used to look at and could get to with one click, not scroll around and up and down menus (click on MENU and you get 'not a lot' !

look for weather and it's under NEWS, and what's all the changing colours on the drop-downs for ?

There's a menu actually in the news page, which if you click NEWS goes to the page you're already on :lol:

a bit of a #thumbsdown from me, gets more annoying the more I look at it :-(

I'd like to see DED make available some low cost studio space in the 'Arts, Culture & Heritage Quarter' (or whatever it is) & sponsor some young web development teams by giving them a bit of work

It'd be peanuts compared even to just DED hotel & travel spend

Creatives could take over the Arcade.

Archived