New Manx Radio Website

GD4ELI

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to listen to today's racing, the crappy player would not load, even after waiting and trying numerous times. Thought OK might just be over capacity but no tried again this evening and it still does not work. Pile of fucking shite.

OK day two still trying to get to listen to commentary for todays races on my android phone. Went to the effort of downloading the Manx Radio AM app and.... It only plays the FM even when you explicitly request the AM transmission.

So please tell me someone how can you listen to the commentary that the IOM gov pay them to provide unless I go out and buy an old fashioned radio with AM frequency?

I had assumed that whilst the new website was a bit shit at least the 'radio stuff' would work, but it does not.

OK finally got it to work via the IOMTT app, really Manx Radio should put a note on the Radio Player that it does not work with Android devices and equally they should direct users to the official TT app.

OK finally got it to work via the IOMTT app, really Manx Radio should put a note on the Radio Player that it does not work with Android devices and equally they should direct users to the official TT app.

I've been listening on the Tune-in Radio app on Android...free download

Alex has been choosing it again. He likes that stuff.

Before the new website there was no music in the Talking Heads listen again thingy.

OMG it is bad :( .

One man's Brahms is another man's Beastie Boy. It would be impossible to choose music that suited everyone. It isn't bad, it's just that you don't like it.

One man's Brahms is another man's Beastie Boy. It would be impossible to choose music that suited everyone. It isn't bad, it's just that you don't like it.

Oh come on as if you have ever played the Beastie Boys or Brahms for that matter, it is not possible to please everyone but perhaps you could try and please someone other than yourselves.

Oh come on as if you have ever played the Beastie Boys or Brahms for that matter, it is not possible to please everyone but perhaps you could try and please someone other than yourselves.

I do think that there is a point here. I like music from classical to today (except modern jazz and rap, neither of which I consider to be music anyway), but there is a very narrow repetitive selection on radio. Particularly the Brindleyesque cheese, which is OK, but just not all the time. I'd like to hear a classical piece followed by a rock anthem followed by a song from a show, then one from the charts and maybe a CW classic. Why not? Why be like everyone else? People might hear and like stuff they haven't considered before. Especially on a programme like TH where the audience is really there to hear the ranting and the music is incidental.

I do think that there is a point here. I like music from classical to today (except modern jazz and rap, neither of which I consider to be music anyway), but there is a very narrow repetitive selection on radio. Particularly the Brindleyesque cheese, which is OK, but just not all the time. I'd like to hear a classical piece followed by a rock anthem followed by a song from a show, then one from the charts and maybe a CW classic. Why not? Why be like everyone else? People might hear and like stuff they haven't considered before. Especially on a programme like TH where the audience is really there to hear the ranting and the music is incidental.

There is loads of popular music from the 70's and eighties does not get a look in, never mind local bands, just crap compressed pop and cheese mixed in with grandad rock.

Why not play a bit of Jazz, funk, folk, indie, punk, electro or even a bit of perfromance poetry, does everyone of a certain age who lived through the seventies and eighties just like Queen?

Archived