Flybe scumbag pilot

newaccount

I'd have killed the fucking thing too. Imagine you're a pilot and need to sleep at unusual hours, and some inconsiderate fuckwit has a yappy little dog barking ceaselessly outside your window. What can you do? Environmental health will probably tell you that noise is allowed between certain times, and that the barking is not loud enough to be considered noise pollution.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have killed the fucking thing too. Imagine you're a pilot and need to sleep at unusual hours, and some inconsiderate fuckwit has a yappy little dog barking ceaselessly outside your window. What can you do? Environmental health will probably tell you that noise is allowed between certain times, and that the barking is not loud enough to be considered noise pollution.

Wear earplugs and stop being such a babby?

Well he was a scumbag but don't underestimate how stressful long term intermittent uncontrollable noise can be. Earplugs can be very effective for steady background noise like traffic but the brain has a tendency to lock on to noise like this no matter how much you try to ignore it.

Imagine its a crappy weather. You would want your pilots your the next flight to successfully deal with, say, an engine failure at takeoff that day. You wouldn't want your safety compromised because the pilots had denied sleep because of someone else's pet would you?

This doesn't defend what he did, but it does make it more understandable.

I don't like people who are cruel to animals. There are other ways that this arrogant man could and should have dealt with this.

Was he sacked?

Because in my opinion he should have been.

Not only because of the scandalous thing that he did but because as a member of the flight crew of an air craft he should have a much more stable mindset and able to deal with stress, any stress, without behaving in such an irrational way.

I don't like people who are cruel to animals. There are other ways that this arrogant man could and should have dealt with this.

Was he sacked?

Because in my opinion he should have been.

Not only because of the scandalous thing that he did but because as a member of the flight crew of an air craft he should have a much more stable mindset and able to deal with stress, any stress, without behaving in such an irrational way.

It is hard to know without the full facts how long this had gone on for and what dialogue had been engaged with his neighbour.

Yapping dogs are fucking annoying. And usually a sign that they are not being exercised and looked after properly. I had a neighbour who used to throw their dog in the back yard every night for an hour rather than walk it. Until I pointed out to them that if they walked the thing it would stop fucking barking.

As for the pilot, i'm more concerned he flies the plane safely. I use that route.biggrin.png

It was a scandalous thing to do spook and he has apparently (only have this article to go on) been passed as medically fit to fly. I can't condemn him as much as you because there is an element of doubt regarding how much stress this caused and for how long.

It's too easy to think of the poor dog at the expense of everything else. Whilst it seems very cruel, There are other things more important.

We all handle stress differently and what might be very stressful to me might seem nothing to you because you have no real concept of what might or why it might constitute stress having never experienced that situation in life. I used to do a job that I think was considerably more stressful than flying but know damn well the man on the clapham omnibus might never understand that. In fact I bet one or two would resort to ridiculing the very idea.Didn't someone earlier think (maybe not seriously) that a professional life flying was easy? I'll wager it has its moments and trying to continually change your body clock when some yapping pet isn't helping is one most of us rarely consider.

He deserves punishment of course but the despicable act has apparently nothing to do with his fitness to fly and I bet he's been suspended due to adverse publicity for maybe.

I dunno. I wouldn't pass anyone as fit to fly with that kind of mindset. Many psychologists have linked patterns of killing animals with serial killers.

He's gone outside of the borders of rational thought. I'd be feeling nervous if someone that had reacted like that was flying me.

: )

Well I agree to an extent Albert but those with more qualifications than you or me have decided otherwise.We are all capable of doing irrational things if provoked enough. We don't know if he was but it is possible. Rationality would then return if the provocation disappeared. You would necessarily be irrational for ever would you?

Archived